Data Recovery

Thread: Data Recovery

Data Recovery

I have just finished backing up data for a customer, then wiping the two partitions and creating one partition and re-formatting the drive. I have then copied the back up folder to this drive but that is all that has been put on this drive so far.
    Now the customer asks me where all his old e-mails are. At the time of back up I asked him what he wanted to back up in the way of e-mails and he said he only wanted his address book.

I have tried file scavenger but it didnt find any dbx files. I also tried another program which uses a boot disc (cant remember the name off hand) but that seemed to lock up and wouldnt run.
    Any suggestions on what we can do here?

Quote Originally Posted by riddellcomp
    I have just finished backing up data for a customer, then wiping the two partitions and creating one partition and re-formatting the drive. I have then copied the back up folder to this drive but that is all that has been put on this drive so far.
    Now the customer asks me where all his old e-mails are. At the time of back up I asked him what he wanted to back up in the way of e-mails and he said he only wanted his address book.

I have tried file scavenger but it didnt find any dbx files. I also tried another program which uses a boot disc (cant remember the name off hand) but that seemed to lock up and wouldnt run.
    Any suggestions on what we can do here?
    I like GetDataBack, but with the repartition, format and new data copied up, all I can say is Good Luck!
    All our lives we sweat and slave, building for a shallow grave.

PC Inspector has a good reputation:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Obviously you mustn't install anything else to that drive, attempt recovery with it fitted to another system. If it could be a serious matter if the data is really lost, make an image of the drive (the total drive including "empty" space, i.e. a sector-for-sector copy) before any further attempt at recovery. That way if some recovery software mangles what is left, the drive can be re-imaged to its current state to try again.

Good luck.

I have used get data back in a siomilar position and was able to retrive it with no problem.
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

The recover inbox and outlook express email recovery has prompted you a path of the Outlook Express files' storage. And now save the damaged dbx files in the safe folder, they can be useful.

April 19th, 2004, 08:34 AM

Does anyone read the dates to posts before responding???

LOL... Believe me Data is still there...