No sound on Hp pavilion 712a

Thread: No sound on Hp pavilion 712a

Unhappy No sound on Hp pavilion 712a

Hi I just reformatted my HP pavilion 712a computer and accidently wiped everthing without backing up anything. So now in device manager it says that I am missing 4 controllers. 1 multimedia audio controller 2 usb controller 3 vga video controller and 4 sm bus controller.

I have been to Hp with out any luck all they could suggest is pay for the back up cd's $70 which I am not sure if this will even fix my probLem. I have had no sound for 6 months and I have searched evey where I know for the drivers. ANy help would be apprciated I am really annoyed at this. I have run out of ideas and think I might just buy the back up cd's...
    Last edited by jewelz; April 19th, 2004 at 07:35 PM.

Welcome to windrivers jewelz. According to HP, this is what you have. And this. As I'm sure you're aware by now, HP doesn't post the base drivers for pavilions. These trigems are particularly problematic, as they are a korean company with no identifiable english web support for their motherboards.

Based on this, here is what you need:
    Intel INF Update Utility: ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-suppo...nfinst_enu.exe
    Intel Graphics driver: ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-suppo...in2k_xp141.exe
    Audio driver: http://www.teltechassets.com/rmawww/...ealtekac97.zip This one might be iffy - audio drivers for trigem boards are hard to find, as analog devices does not post drivers.

To get the usb 2.0 to work, you will need to install xp sp1 (from windows update).
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Talking

Thank You for your Help I found all the other drivers last night except for the sound driver. Thank You U R the best!!!! I have been looking for that for so long. All the other drivers were quite easy to find at Intel it was just the audio driver I was having trouble with.

OMG It didn't WOrk. I thought it did but it didn't....
    Last edited by jewelz; April 21st, 2004 at 03:28 AM.

de nada
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

SORRY AGAIN!!!!!

U ARE THE BEST!!!! I have my music back....... I have been looking for so many months for that driver and I have finally found it. Where were you six months ago. Now I won't be so bored and all my games and movies will work. I can listen to music while working too. Funny how we take things that we have for granted but once it's gone you can't live without it hehehehehe THANK YOU... Thank you!!! UR the best hehehehhehe.

Thanks again I really appreciciate your help and I know other will to.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jewelz; April 21st, 2004 at 03:45 AM.

Take another bow Hudson!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

/me blushes and turns red
    you're very welcome