Hi all. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping you guys can help me. I have a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA48 laptop running Windows XP. The laptop is 2 years old but doesn't have any USB 2.0 ports, just two 1.1 ports. When I sprang for a new Maxtor USB 80gig HD I decided to get a PCMCIA card to add the speed of 2.0 so I purchased a Bytecc USB 2.0 CardBus (aka: cheapie) card. I installed the drivers from the inclosed CD, plugged the card into the slot and watched while XP did it's install thing. I then restarted my computer and plugged the Maxtor into the new card. Nothing happened... I checked the device manager and no alerts were coming up. Everything said 'working properly' including the standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller. The HD had already been working on the built-in 1.1 ports. In fact, when I plug it into the 1.1 port it now shows me the enhanced PCI to USB host controller and tells me that the hubs shown in bold type have free ports that can support the USB Hi-Speed device! I'm starting to lose it! Help!!!