mother board and ram question

Thread: mother board and ram question

mother board and ram question

hi

my question is will a soyo sy-kt600 dragon plus v1.0 motherboard work with a kingston hyper x 512mb pc4000 ddr
    model: khx4000/512

apperently the ram is on sale for a good price. i read other people put faster ram on there m/b even though it doesnt show up that it supports it.

so i was wondering if you guys know if this will work?

thanks

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Well unless someone is gonna pop up & say 'yeah you can & you set it up like this' .. then I'm gonna warn you off the general principle of fiiting faster than quoted memory, especially with this board (I've had fun getting ddr 400 going with them - & you want to use Pc4000, that's ddr 500 !) - so my 2 cents is that I think you'll have problems

So that's a no-no as in 'bad' as opposed to a NooNoo which of course is 'good'

yes your right

i got tempted with the other ram and trying to find a false reason to buy it, even though i had an idea it wouldnt work. i'll just get what is required for that board.

thanks

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

well for some reason my name and post changed a bit but it doesnt really matter as long as i still have the name neozeed

anyways i was able to make a kingston hyper X pc4000 work on a sy-kt600 dragon plus v1.0 work.

you have to adjust some settings, i dont think this type of memory is a standard yet because i havent seen any m/b that support this speed this ram seems to be for overclockers.

anyways system is working flawlessly now even faster.