Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues

Quote Originally Posted by billriesb
    I have the same problem that you had. I've read the thread leading to your solution but I don't understand what you did to solve it. I would really appreciate it if you could explain the process. Thank you for your assistance.
    Welcome to windrivers bill. These problems are not always the same, so more info as to your computer, motherboard, windows version, etc. would be helpful. The specifics of the solution of above is to open the Services console (start\run\services.msc) and scroll down to the Windows Audio service. Make sure it is started, and that the startup type is set to automatic.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Welcome to windrivers bill. These problems are not always the same, so more info as to your computer, motherboard, windows version, etc. would be helpful. The specifics of the solution of above is to open the Services console (start\run\services.msc) and scroll down to the Windows Audio service. Make sure it is started, and that the startup type is set to automatic.
    Thank you for your reply.

Computer is Compaq Presario 7EL 7000 series. Don't know motherboard. How do I find that info? Motherboard is a replacement (same as the original) Running Windows XP Pro upgraded from Windows ME. No trouble with sound even after motherboard replacement and XP ugprade until after Service Pack 2 (an automatic Windows update) was installed. I think I had sound for a short time after SP2 but not 100% sure.

Anyway, did all the troubleshooting with no result. Device Manager says sound card is working properly. Speakers are working. Just checked your suggestion and Windows Audio service is started and is set to automatic.

Went to Windows Tech Service and they say it's a corrupt driver. Went looking for another but I could not find the driver for this sound card anywhere. Even Creative Audio does not have it.

Sorry for the long winded answer. I appreciate your help. Any more suggestions?

Thanks, again.

Need the specific model. Compaq lists 31 different 7EL7000. Check the back of the case.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Need the specific model. Compaq lists 31 different 7EL7000. Check the back of the case.
    The only thing I can find says: 7EL 1 KMAT CTO.

Can I tell anything from the serial number?

Thanks.

Regarding my computer model, I went to the above web site link and I understand where to look for the model number. The ONLY sticker or ID tag anywhere on my computer says 7EL 1 KMAT CTO. Under that is the serial number. Because I am using Windows XP I tried the other suggestion of Ctrl and Alt keys, then press the S key but nothing happens. I do not get the dialog box they say is supposed to come up.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

The problem seems to be this: CTO stands for Configure to Order. This makes it difficult to determine the particular model your computer was based on. A number of the 7EL models appear to use this driver: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=hd-12700-1

If that doesn't work, open a command prompt and type "set devmgr_view_nonpresent_devices=1". Then open device manager and select view hidden devices. Delete all creative audio components and reboot.

The problem seems to be this: CTO stands for Configure to Order. This makes it difficult to determine the particular model your computer was based on. A number of the 7EL models appear to use this driver: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=hd-12700-1

If that doesn't work, open a command prompt and type "set devmgr_view_nonpresent_devices=1". Then open device manager and select view hidden devices. Delete all creative audio components and reboot.
    Problem solved. I uninstalled the sound card and reinstalled it in a different pci slot and now it works.

Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem after epgrading to xp from ME
    I have no sound at all....its meant to have ensoniq sound card but hardware not picking up and instead coming up with creative soundblaster...My motherboard is

Board: MSI MS-6316
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A6316MS V1.0 B7 Time Computer Sy 03/22/00

Quote Originally Posted by Big T
    I have the same problem after epgrading to xp from ME
    I have no sound at all....its meant to have ensoniq sound card but hardware not picking up and instead coming up with creative soundblaster...My motherboard is

Board: MSI MS-6316
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A6316MS V1.0 B7 Time Computer Sy 03/22/00
    Welcome to windrivers BigT. Upgrade ME>XP = bad. Try a clean install.

BTW, creative bought ensoniq. Do you know what chip you have?

Thanks for the welcome.
    The chip is north bridge amd-750 irongate.

Welcome to windrivers BigT. Upgrade ME>XP = bad. Try a clean install.

BTW, creative bought ensoniq. Do you know what chip you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Big T
    Thanks for the welcome.
    The chip is north bridge amd-750 irongate.
    No, the ensoniq/creative chip.

Is this it here?

Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)

You need to use the native xp drivers for that chip. What is showing up in device manager? Any yellow ! or ?

You could also try MSI's W2K driver: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...3&Page=2&num=0 (2nd one down)
    Last edited by hudsonsmith; December 4th, 2004 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks hudsonsmith.....The device manager says everything is working fine.......
    I will try the driver you sent a link to...It does not show xp, only w95 98 ME and NT......What one should I try?

Maybe try the ME one as my pc was running ME before XP