Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues

Angry been at it a week time to give up i thinks

Na no good still not working.....think i'm going to have to go back to ME windows. Creative have no driver for Xp on my board MS-6316

Quote Originally Posted by Big T
    Thanks hudsonsmith.....The device manager says everything is working fine.......
    I will try the driver you sent a link to...It does not show xp, only w95 98 ME and NT......What one should I try?

Maybe try the ME one as my pc was running ME before XP
    Win2000
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Thumbs up

Thankyou hudsonsmith mate
    that's it sorted out now......thanks for your help
    trev

Quote Originally Posted by Big T
    Thankyou hudsonsmith mate
    that's it sorted out now......thanks for your help
    trev
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

I'm using a Creative AudioPCI ES1371, ES1373 WDM Also, but I'm just really really confused about this, i'm sure the solution has been posted here but i'm still uncertain about what I'm supposed to do. I reformatted my computer and this time used XP instead of 2000. After installing everything I soon realized there was no sound at all.

I'm sure i'm supposed to download a driver of some sort, but after that what exactly do I do with it? :P My apology ahead of time for being such a noob when it comes to sound/sound cards.
    Any help would be greatly, greatly, appreciated. Thanks guys!

Damn this is a big thread, too!!!
    Welcome to WD Hash. Yeah, the solution has probably already been provided, but no problem. We understand.
    First off, XP should have native/built in support for that card. So, it should just work. So, first off, go into the Control Panel and open up "System". Then click on "Hardware" and then go down to "Device Manager". If you'll notice you'll see that the list is in alphabetical order, so go down to "Sound and Video...". Tell us what you see there. Anything listed? Anything have a question mark in the list?
    After that, we can go from there. In other words, you may not need to download a driver.

In Sound, video and game controllers it lists in bullets:
    Audio Codecs
    Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

Hope that gives any leads

Well, that shows that XP got the drivers right. So, I hate to point this out, but, try making sure the speakers are set up properly in "Sound" , you know: volume set and not muted, as well as being plugged in right.
    Also, you can try "uninstalling" the Creative driver and rebooting and see if XP finds it again, and reinstalls the proper drivers. That is always worth a go.

Ok, i uninstalled/reinstalled and they seem to work perfectly now. So i'm really not sure what the deal was

But bottom line, it works now, and i only have you guys to thank! I appreciate it guys you rock.

No need to even try to understand about drivers Hash. It works now, so coo!l

i have recently upgraded from 98 to xp just changing the cd drive and the hard drive and i did it though a professional and yesterday i went to zone.com and decided to play against someone on age of empires II the conquerors and i started to enter a game and then a message came up telling me that there was a serious error and then my computer automatically restarted and then i logged on and i noticed no sound and then and error report came up and i just clicked don't send and i decided to find help on google search and it brought me here!

what shall i do because i rely on sound more than movies?

Quote Originally Posted by robertall
    i have recently upgraded from 98 to xp just changing the cd drive and the hard drive and i did it though a professional and yesterday i went to zone.com and decided to play against someone on age of empires II the conquerors and i started to enter a game and then a message came up telling me that there was a serious error and then my computer automatically restarted and then i logged on and i noticed no sound and then and error report came up and i just clicked don't send and i decided to find help on google search and it brought me here!

what shall i do because i rely on sound more than movies?
    Welcome to windrivers Robert. More info is needed. Make/model of computer and/or motherboard please? Any yellow ! or ? in device manager? BTW, do you in fact have Creative 1373 audio? If not, it would probably be best to move this question to a new thread.

Gosh I am having simliar problems and have looked extensivley for a solution...I recently updated from ME to XP and now my Creative Audio PCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM) is not working. No sound at all. My device manager says everthing is working properly.

Can anyone help me...thanks in advance?

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssss

Welcome to Windrivers alaa saad75 - I guess this thread helped you solve your problem?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."