Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues

haveing same problams with sound card

hi peeps ive got a sound card problam i got the creative audio pci (es1371/es1373)(wdm) and am runing xp pro ive folowed every step in this post and still havent solved the problam i was ending task in task manager when sound stoped and ive had no luck with geting it started my sound card model is ct5805 plezzzzz hrlp if ya can

Welcome to Windrivers wickedcrow

click start, run and type in
    Services.msc
    click ok

Look down the list of services.... is the windows audio service running?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

welcome to Windrivers ramy... I'm guessing this thread helped you fix your problem?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm also using Creative AudioPCI (Es1371,ES1373) (WDM) and the driver version is: 5.1.2535.0. INF: wdma_ens.inf\ES1371.
    driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\es1371mp.sys
    Here is my mainboard details:
    Bus(es): AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus
    Model: K755A
    Bios version: AMIINT - 1000
    Bios vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
    and my computer has no sound, it seems the system's not recognized the sound card. Could anybody give me a hand?

Welcome to WinDrivers, kingjo.

Firstly, to avoid possible confusion, could you re-check to confirm if your system board is an ECS K7S5A rather than K755A?

Assuming this is so, it looks like your system has a Creative soundcard fitted. As a first step, please check in the BIOS setup and make sure the onboard sound is turned off - if it has been turned on it could be preventing the sound card from working.

Ok, thx for ur reply , i confirm my board is K7S5A, sorry abt that . After reinstalled window, my comp lost sound and i use norton ghost. Could u show me wat i shoud do?

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Try the driver.----->Here
    Last edited by street1; August 21st, 2007 at 08:06 PM.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

Thx for ur driver street1 . I downloaded and installed that driver but it seems window still not recognized it driver, wat should i do now?

Is your system using the motherboard's onboard sound, or does it have a soundcard plugged into a PCI slot? Windows thinks your sound is a Creative Ensoniq chipset, which suggests there is a soundcard. If this is so, check as I've previously indicated, and ensure the onboard sound is turned off in the BIOS setup. Then either look inside the case and find a model number on the card (it may be something like CT1480...) or download and install Everest Home and see if it can positively identify the sound. Then we should be able to source the correct driver.

Help! I'm another not very computer literate person having a similar problem of no sound from a Creative Audio PCI (ES1371/ES1373) (WDM) onboard sound device after having to reinstall XP after something went wonky (note my technical language).

The computer has the following:
    Apollo Pro Plus 693-596B-8671 Motherboard
    System VIA VT82C692BX
    BIOS is AWARD 6.00 PG.

I've searched all over the place but cannot find a driver that seems to be the right one - have installed (and uninstalled) all sorts of variants with no success.

Can anyone help - please!!!

I checked my mainboard, there is no sound card on it. This would be an onboard sound. Could u help me find that mainboard driver? Thx for ur help.

kingjo, turns out there are 3 versions of your board, V1.1, 1.3 & 1.3B, using two different sound chipsets.

Check on the board for a Version number, usually silkscreen printed, probably in white, but sometimes on a paper sticker.

When you know the board's version number, go here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Dow...nuID=6&LanID=0

and in the Search section, select Motherboards, Socket 462, K7S5A and the Version number & submit it. You'll go to the downloads page and you can click on the drivers tab and get the sound driver.

If you haven't already checked, confirm the on-board sound is enabled in the BIOS setup. Since you've installed other drivers, be sure to remove them before installing the one from ECS. Check Start\Programs first for any uninstall options if there are any sound installation groups there. If there are, do them first and re-start the computer. Then look in Control Panel\Add/Remove Programs and use the Remove option if you find any previous driver installations there. Then restart the computer again and go to Safe Mode (repeatedly tap the F8 key while re-starting then choose Safe Mode from the menu). Look in the device manager, and if any sound devices show (this finds "phantom" or "ghost" remanants that don't show up normally) remove them too.

Then re-start and you should have a reasonably clean setup to install the driver supplied by ECS. Then we'd hope like crazy that your sound would finally be working...
    Last edited by Platypus; August 23rd, 2007 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_G
    The computer has the following:
    Apollo Pro Plus 693-596B-8671 Motherboard
    System VIA VT82C692BX
    BIOS is AWARD 6.00 PG.
    Welcome to WinDrivers Joy G. We'll need some more information about your system in order to be able to help you. If you know the model of the mainboard and/or sound card in your system, or the model of the complete system if it is a brand-name like Dell, HP etc, tell us what it is.

Alternatively, download the Everest Home program from my link in the post above your post, and tell us how the program identifies your system/mainboard/sound.

To avoid confusing cross-discussions, it would also be a good idea to start a seperate topic to post the information in, rather than continuing to re-use this one.
    Last edited by Platypus; August 23rd, 2007 at 10:26 PM.

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss