Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Windows XP issues

Quote Originally Posted by oqa
    Thanks NooNoo!

The model card is CT 4810. I turned off the onboard realtek because my speakers (Diamond 2.1 Pro Media) couldn't play sounds with it. Because the diamond speakers was with my older computer -and with the Creative PCI sound card plugged in to that older computer- so I thought I needed to install the PCI card into the one I'm using right now.

The realtek is now working again (with standard speakers) after I performed system restore and un-plugged the PCI card.

What went wrong?
    Anything from you not plugging in the speakers correctly to the sound driver corrupting!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Angry

Hello windrivers.com!

I'm having a trouble with my soundcard. It worked just fine some days ago, then i formated my computer, and after i installed my drives, the sound just didn't work. I've been looking in this thread, reading every post and tried to do everything, still doesn't work!

I got Microsoft windows XP professional SP 1 as OS.

My computer is a AMD Athlond 64 processor, 3200+, 2.01 GHz, 1GB ram. I'm not sure you could use those facts, but anyway :P.
    Im not sure how to look up what my soundcard is, but i think it's a Creative Sound Blaster PCI. My speakers are correctly plugged, and none of the volume controllers are muted. Please help If you need more "facts", please ask, though i'm not sure what motherboard i got, i think it's a "NFORCEE4-A939" ? I'm a newb when it comes to installing drives lol.

Thanks for any help!! Losing my mind on this.

Edit by Moderator:

Continued with more information here: http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=83380
    Last edited by NooNoo; May 26th, 2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Re-direction to full topic.

Question Was hoping this thread would help, but still no luck.

Greetings WinDrivers.

I am hoping someone here might be able to help - I can see I am not alone in my angst with the Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) aka Creative Vibra 128 PCI Sound Card.

One of our computers just went... crazy. Here's the situation.

Our Setup:

MoBo: BioStar K8VGA-M
    CPU: AMD Athlon (64 3200 I believe, I'll have to ask my other half if you need me to double check)
    Chipset: Intel 845G/GV
    Onboard Sound: Realtek AC'97 (is dead, we keep it disabled in BIOS)
    PCI Card Sound: "White Box" Creative Vibra 128 with ES1373/ES1373 WDM Chipset (has original driver CD)
    AGP Video: ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB

All of this was working perfectly fine - perfectly - until we went to install a webcam. As soon as the cam driver install rebooted WinXP, it brought up a detect new hardware, new sound card detected ... and we haven't been able to get sound since. The device is even recognized as being installed and working properly in the Device Manager, and no conflict warnings.

We have tried the following:
    1) Checked all cables and speakers
    2) Tested PCI card in other computer - works fine.
    3) Tested in all three PCI slots on K8VGA-M, card detects, driver installs, still no sound
    4) Checked all BIOS settings, even went so far as to checking if disabling as many devices as possible helped in case of IRQ/DMA conflict. No luck.
    5) Tried format and reinstall of XP and all devices, drivers - followed recommended MoBo install order. Also tried switching install order of LAN and Audio in case of assignment conflict.
    6) Reset CMOS to defaults by jumper and tried reinstalling everything ground up.
    7) Tried to coax the onboard into working on a lark because we were getting frustrated.
    8) Checked the digital settings and the volume mute settings in all locations, just in case we were being blind idiots.
    9) Checked services.msc ... yup, started and automatic.
    10) Ran out of ideas after reading through here, and decided to see if anyone could think of something we've missed.

The webcam in question is a Sakar Internationa Inc (no, not a typo, that's exactly as printed on disc) Gear To Go Digital Web Camera. Their site as listed on the driver disc is www.sakar.com ... I couldn't find anything that helped there. To be honest I couldn't even figure out how to track down my exact model, considering the lack of markings on the actual camera itself, and no original packaging.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Welcome to Windrivers Luta

Did you uninstall the webcam in any of this?

Webcams have microphones and might be seen as a soundcard.

Exactly which webcam is this (model number please) - they have quite a selection
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yup, we uninstalled it at the very first, and haven't tried reinstalling it since reseting and reinstalling everything.

Unfortunately the camera itself has no identifying numbers on it that I can find, other than a "DF040297672" inside where the 2AAA batteries go.

The quick and cheap fix would be to go and get a cmedia based card for a few bux... the long fix would be to format and start again.

You could try ininstalling the sound side of things altogether (windows components multimedia)

clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Luta View Post
    Greetings WinDrivers.

All of this was working perfectly fine - perfectly - until we went to install a webcam. As soon as the cam driver install rebooted WinXP, it brought up a detect new hardware, new sound card detected ... and we haven't been able to get sound since. "The device" is even recognized as being installed and working properly in the Device Manager, and no conflict warnings.
    I realised this part here was a little confusing (sorry it was really late when I posted) "The device" should read "Our Creative Sound Card"

Sorry 'bout that.

Oh yes, and the machine has 1GB DDR400 PC3200 RAM in it, fully tested and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Luta View Post
    I realised this part here was a little confusing (sorry it was really late when I posted) "The device" should read "Our Creative Sound Card"

Sorry 'bout that.

Oh yes, and the machine has 1GB DDR400 PC3200 RAM in it, fully tested and working.
    Yes, it's ok, I got that. My post above gives 3 possible ways forward.

Thanks for all the help.
    After trying everything from factory default 3 times now... looks like we'll just have to buy a new PCI card and hope we get sound.

Those cards are the devil's spawn - thousands of them sold and very few of them actually work all the time.

Wait, did you use the drivers from the CD (without the bloatware) or the drivers from Windows update?

We tried 3 different drivers - the one on the CD that came with the Creative (that evil tiny blue CD, I'm sure you've seen it lol), the Win2K Driver, and the default WinXP SP3 default PnP driver.

And yeah, definitely devil's spawn. We'll try a C-Media when we pick a new cheapie card up.

Never seen the CD, I am always asked to get those things to work because they lost the driver cd... quite satisfying to know that actually having the cd is a complete waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Hash View Post
    In Sound, video and game controllers it lists in bullets:
    Audio Codecs
    Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

Hope that gives any leads
    Ok that exactly what it looks in my device manager. However I still have no audio. Yes I've made sure my plugs in the back of the tower are all correct.
    But i have no sound schemes. just "No Sound" and "Windows Default"....err..help. I miss my sound. ; .;

Unhappy

Ok Guys I have a small yet serious problem. Let's see. There are no conflicts with my devices.(I.E. No yellow !) I run windows xp and my sound card is Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373)(WDM) Version 5.2.3633.0

but i am missing sound schemes. made sure it's not muted. All that but all I have is "No Sound" and "Windows Default" sound schemes. Do i go to find more? Am I missing a driver? help a guy out. ; .;