adding to recovery console to boot options

Thread: adding to recovery console to boot options

adding to recovery console to boot options

I have noticed that HP has been including the recovery console as an option in the boot process, basicaly it asks you which OS you want to boot 1) Windows XP (home or pro) 2) Windows recovery console.

Any ideas on how I could do this on my pc?
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

I've done it on W2K - I assume XP is similar. These are the instructions:
    To install the Recovery Console as a startup option

With Windows running, insert the Windows 2000 Professional CD into your CD-ROM drive.
    Click No when prompted to upgrade to Windows 2000.
    At the command prompt, switch to your CD-ROM drive, and then type the following:
    \i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

Follow the instructions on the screen.
    Notes

To run the Recovery Console, you must restart your computer and select the Recovery Console option from the list of available operating systems.
    You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
    To see the commands available on the Recovery Console, type help at the command prompt.
    You can allow a user to run the Recovery Console without logging on by enabling the Automatic administrative logon when using recovery console attribute in the Group Policy snap-in. This attribute is located in the console tree under Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options.
    If your computer will not start, you can run the Recovery Console from the Windows 2000 Professional CD (if you have a bootable CD-ROM drive) or the Setup disks. See Related Topics for information on running the Recovery Console when your computer will not start.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.