Lexmarkx1150 All In One Cannot Be Installed!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lexmarkx1150 All In One Cannot Be Installed!!!

Lexmarkx1150 All In One Cannot Be Installed!!!

just purchased a brand new lexmark X1150 all in one.hardware connections were easy,with the usb cable properly attached to it's port on cpu.however,when i try to install it's software ,it says it cannot recognise printer.inevitably,there is some problem with usb not working fine as the printer is on,displaying green light.also, i checked with my control panel under device manager and found that INTEL 82801AA USB UNIVERSAL HOST CONTROLLER and USB ROOT HUB ARE PROPERLY INSTALLED.my computer runs on:
    intel celeron 64 mb ram
    win 98se os
    INTEL 810(R) CHIPSET
    I HAD AN OLD PRINTER WHICH I HAD UNINSTALLED MANUALLY.CAN ANY OF IT'S OLD RECORDS AFFECT THIS?IS THIS A CASE OF ANY SOFTWARE ABNORMAILITIES?IF SO,HOW DO I CLEAN IT!PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by shrinathiyer
    just purchased a brand new lexmark X1150 all in one.hardware connections were easy,with the usb cable properly attached to it's port on cpu.however,when i try to install it's software ,it says it cannot recognise printer.inevitably,there is some problem with usb not working fine as the printer is on,displaying green light.also, i checked with my control panel under device manager and found that INTEL 82801AA USB UNIVERSAL HOST CONTROLLER and USB ROOT HUB ARE PROPERLY INSTALLED.my computer runs on:
    intel celeron 64 mb ram
    win 98se os
    INTEL 810(R) CHIPSET
    I HAD AN OLD PRINTER WHICH I HAD UNINSTALLED MANUALLY.CAN ANY OF IT'S OLD RECORDS AFFECT THIS?IS THIS A CASE OF ANY SOFTWARE ABNORMAILITIES?IF SO,HOW DO I CLEAN IT!PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
    did you install the software first. a lot of times that's a big issue with USB stuff. uninstall the software. remove the USB connection. reinstall the software then plug in the USB connection. that's the first thing I would think to do.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

u mean i should install the printer's software and then plug in the usb cable????

Unhappy

i just tried that but that doesn't work too!!!

You can find drivers & downloads for your Lexmark X1150 here. You Win98 driver is Version: 2.0.2.2 Released On: 24-NOV-03. Looks like there is also a Patch available plus the LexmarkDiag.exe.

As stated above, most USB products require the drivers to be installed first...then plug in the USB printer and it should take off for you. Do you have the Installation Instructions that came with the printer? Again, you might need to Uninstall the previous installation and start from scratch.

Just a couple of suggestions...Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ
    You can find drivers & downloads for your Lexmark X1150 here. You Win98 driver is Version: 2.0.2.2 Released On: 24-NOV-03. Looks like there is also a Patch available plus the LexmarkDiag.exe.

As stated above, most USB products require the drivers to be installed first...then plug in the USB printer and it should take off for you. Do you have the Installation Instructions that came with the printer? Again, you might need to Uninstall the previous installation and start from scratch.

Just a couple of suggestions...Good Luck!
    i tried your methods but that doesn't seem to work!the instruction sheet that came along with the printer says the software has to be installed after all the connections.anyways,both do not work!

i tried your methods but that doesn't seem to work!the instruction sheet that came along with the printer says the software has to be installed after all the connections.anyways,both do not work!
    OK, if I were you here's what I might try. uninstall software. unplug device. in device manager remove USB controllers, reboot and let windows reinstall the USB controllers. verify other USB devices working if possible, mice, keyboard, joystick etc. then try again following the instructions with the printer.

if that didn't work, I might try an add on USB PCI card. . . of which I have a couple laying around . . .
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    OK, if I were you here's what I might try. uninstall software. unplug device. in device manager remove USB controllers, reboot and let windows reinstall the USB controllers. verify other USB devices working if possible, mice, keyboard, joystick etc. then try again following the instructions with the printer.

if that didn't work, I might try an add on USB PCI card. . . of which I have a couple laying around . . .
    well,with a heavy heart ,i've to say even that didn't work.i think there is a serious problem with my usb port.

Check the minimum requirements to run the printer. You have enough ram or CPU.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

well,with a heavy heart ,i've to say even that didn't work.i think there is a serious problem with my usb port.

ok,where can i get for free the most updated driver for Intel 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller on net.my system uses usb.inf.is taht good enough???

You can find Intel's USB Support here.

Intel chipsets utilizing the Intel® 82801DB I/O controller hub (ICH4) or newer support USB 2.0.
    Since your model is 82801AA, is it possible that is is USB 1.0...not 2.0?

Product Specs All I can find is that it says USB...not USB 2.0 being required. It also says that it should work with Win98.

How to Install the Lexmark X1110/ X1130 / X1150 on Windows 2000/XP
    Close all programs that are open.
    Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the PC via the USB cable.
    Cancel any Add New Hardware Wizard screens that appear.
    Insert the Lexmark X11x0 Series Installation CD and wait for the Installation screen to appear on your computer.
    Click on Install. The installation will run through a series of screens. Note: This will take a few minutes.
    So yeah, it says to hook up the printer first and then insert the Installation CD...hmmmm...

As for troubleshooting your USB port, have you ever used it before? Was your previous printer hooked up to it? Do you have any other devices hooked up to this USB port such as a mouse, keyboard, or other peripheral? Is this the only USB port on your PC? Have you tried another USB cable?

As you stated above, it is possible that your USB port is bad.

If this is a brand new printer, it is still under warranty. Don't do anything to void that warranty...you might need to take it back. It could be bad itself.

Keep at it...we'll get it figured out sooner or later.

OK, I think this one has been in chat as "sri". Right now he is trying to get the intel inf installed, but he has a registry problem that is now hopefully fixed.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

intel celeron 64 mb ram
    win 98se os
    INTEL 810(R) CHIPSET

Hi I have the same problem you have, I just purchased my computer yesturday and got a new usb cable. It keeps saying printer not detected. Did you ever get the problem fixed if so how. This is so frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by trice
    Hi I have the same problem you have, I just purchased my computer yesturday and got a new usb cable. It keeps saying printer not detected. Did you ever get the problem fixed if so how. This is so frustrating
    I also have this problem with a Lexmark 1150. I get the same message as originally stated in this series. Printer not Attached. My system is XP with Service pack 1, on an HP system, processor is AMD Athelon 2100. My chipset is AIV for the controllers. I read a lengthy disertation on USB's in another forum
    saying that AMD and AIV are inclined to have more USB problems. I've spent hours and hours on this thing trying all kinds of reinstalls. Lexmark tech support isn't responding at all.

This system has two USB ports. After I try to install from Lexmark's install CD or with the latest 1150 driver from their website I get under "other devices" or sometimes "imaging devices" with "1100 series" and when I open this device status "device has been incorrectly configured" and a code(1), whatever that is. When I look at USB Controllers I see stuff I don't understand:
    generic controller
    2 root controllers
    AIV REV 5 or later USB Controller
    AIV REV 5 or later USB Controller

What's a generic controller vs. root controller and are the AIV entries drivers?
    Thanks for a little info. By the way I'm seeing this problem around on the net
    to think (for 1150's) Lexmark has complicity in these failure.

1100 ser

My 1150 is now installed and working!! Thanks very much to the person upstream who suggest rinstalling the USB Controllers. I had a bit of problem getting them reinstalled, but finally did. The problem appears to have been with USB drivers originally defined for my machine. They weren't compatible with
    Lexmark's installation setup. Here's what happened for the benefit of some other poor soul who spends hours trying to install this printer with the
    "Printer not attached" message.

1) I deleted the root controllers for my two ports (maybe it would have been better/safer/wiser to delete only the one controlling the printer)
    2) Rebooted to reinstall the USB drivers. I might would have been wise to have gone to HP's web site and found drivers maching my machine, but then I might have been right back where I started. At boot time the install wizard came up "Unkown" devices needed to be installed. This threw me for a spell (expected USB not unknown). I tried letting windows search for the drivers with no luck. Eventually, I took a different route in Wizard, I believe I specified browse, forget. I installed from the Windows drivers directory, USBHUB.SYS. I think this is not the original drivers asso. with my controllers but they are working.
    3) Now started Lexmark installation. During this installation a dll was missing? I went to C:/i386 and found the dll. After unstalling a partial install due to this problem and starting install again, the dll was found and the install completed successfully.
    4) I've scanned and printed OK from 1150 windows, so I'm assuming my install was indeed successful.

It would have helped if Lexmark at least made mention of the fact that USB drivers could cause the "Printer not attached" msg. I've spent hours and days on this. Thanks very much for the assistance here.