Gaming Difficulty

Thread: Gaming Difficulty

Gaming Difficulty

Difficulty Levels

I was playing Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Demo the other day, at easy difficulty level, its a piece of cake, at standard diff. it becomes a bit more trickier, but put it to Hard, and its pretty much impossible, and its not like a seasoned gamer could even do it, I mean, there are so many limitations, money, enemies and the lot, its just not possible to play todays games at FULL DIFFICULTY. We all love intelligent AI in games, but when its so difficult and even after trying alot, you just cant beat them, its just more fun to play against other Humans, the programmers need to set Human type limitations, like fatigue, and not a billion calculations per second in the AI, they need it to replicate Human playing patterns, not just bombard the user with more enemies all the time.

Now everyones gonna say well there are gamers out there who can play it at Full Tilt, but those represent a very small,small,crazy faction only (i dont plan on dying near my pc from over gaming!).

Any thoughts?

Banned
    try "pacman" it,s more sedate ,

or give your machine to a 12 year old ,,,he will beat you hands down

technology is a great thing ,thats why i let my 10 yr old neghbour set my vidio

I never got why people had problems setting their videos, never had problem with technology, ever, takes a short time for me to learn something new.

And I'm not that old!

Games need a bit more realism in playability, its too AAI(artificial artificial intelligence).

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    And I'm not that old!
    Some of us are .. Freddy is 500 & odd & I'm nearly 400 ! least it feels that way sometimes

AI is still not very intelligent thats all ..

Its games that try & turn me into an octopus to control them whilst playing at full tilt that annoy me ..

Strategy games usually do that, but some FPS games need u to remember so many keys! And dont get me started on Simulation games, you need the whole KB and more!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I've been able to finish a few games on the hardest difficuly, but I agree, they need to make the hard settings a little more realistic
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I don't think the problem is the hardest setting, it's the ones in between. I don't think I've ever found a game with a level that's a perfect match for me. Either too easy or too hard. They need to make more steps between easy and difficult. If you could beat the hardest level you'd be bored in no time.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

There needs to be dynamic AI, the game reacts differently to our style of play and as we play more aggressively so does the PC.