City of Heroes
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Heroes

Internet Linebacker

City of Heroes

Anyone playing? If you see Astro Creep or the Jade Guardian on the Protector server, that's me.

pay to play, no f'n way.
    Last edited by Damned Angel; May 11th, 2004 at 01:44 PM.

Banned
    This game is everything that was even remotly cool about EQ and better. More of a MMO action game. It freaking rocks. Cleethor is playing on the same server as those other two morons!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    This game is everything that was even remotly cool about EQ and better. More of a MMO action game. It freaking rocks. Cleethor is playing on the same server as those other two morons!!!!
    Cleethor?
    Cleetus, Cleetoris, Cleetile, and Ya_know had a few good ones I don't remember.
    Where ya been??

I went to the store today and saw it on the shelf. 50 bucks plus subscription? Is that right?

Internet Linebacker
    Yup that's right. I mean it costs money to run the dozen or so servers they have, plus keep the development staff around to add content through patches. That's how MMORPGs work.

Anyway, I made it to level 10 last night, and started a supergroup called the Scumbuckets, aimed at darker, more gritty characters. I can also get a sidekick now too.

This game is sooooooo frickin aweome. And i usually don't like MMORPGs that well.

I have heard many good things about this game. A few questions for you SuperHeros out there,

How is the game play?
    Do you think it will get boring quickly?
    How is GM response and/or customer service?

And most important. Are there any scantly clad heroines in the game yet?
    U.S. out of U.N.

Banned
    Game play is very fast, super action oriented. Pretty much why its almost more of an MMO Action game then RPG. Boredom, well, so many things you can do, plot lines, different characters and archtypes, role playing, don't know, it will take time to tell, not to forget the fact that they will be continually adding content.

GM response, never bothered any where else so no clue

Scantily clad chicks? I use the regular internet for that.

HMMmmm Ive heard so many people raving about this game lately. Im playing EVE right now but its getting a tad boring ATM. Ive been waiting for World of Warcraft to come out but I think I may try this game out.. $50 bucks though... There goes the last of my tax refund.. hehe
    W

Reminds me of when I played Villains & Vigilantes with the other geeks in high school, but waaaaaaaay cooler.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Reminds me of when I played Villains & Vigilantes with the other geeks in high school, but waaaaaaaay cooler.
    Heroes Unlimited here.

That was OK too, for GIRLS!

We actually had our own "extra rules" to account for a lot of the real-life situations unaccounted for in the rules. Our GM was quite anal-retentive.

I once had this whole group of armor-clad do-gooders (New Camelot - think Iron Man and you're almost there) I had spent weeks designing, drawing and making up background history for all their cool techno gadgets.

First campaign the GM plans for them, they get 'ported to another dimension minus all technological tools. Naked.

Scumbag.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Can you create Villians in this game?

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    If it wasn't for the pay to play scheme I would have it right now. I've been itching to pull out Skyranger one more time (my first RPG character, made in the old Marvel Super Heros system as a blatant Iron Man clone ).

I've always liked the tabletop and dice superhero RPGs (Marvel, Champions, DC, Mutants and Masterminds). The PC game Freedom Force was close, but didn't 'hook' me. City of Heroes looks very impressive. Perhaps this will be the game for me to cut my teeth on MMOGs.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    If it wasn't for the pay to play scheme I would have it right now. I've been itching to pull out Skyranger one more time (my first RPG character, made in the old Marvel Super Heros system as a blatant Iron Man clone ).

I've always liked the tabletop and dice superhero RPGs (Marvel, Champions, DC, Mutants and Masterminds). The PC game Freedom Force was close, but didn't 'hook' me. City of Heroes looks very impressive. Perhaps this will be the game for me to cut my teeth on MMOGs.
    That's exactly how I feel. Right down to the Freedom Force comment.

Pricey though...

You're a big Iron Man fan too?