Bizarreness, Sponsored by Fedora Core

Thread: Bizarreness, Sponsored by Fedora Core

Threaded View

Bizarreness, Sponsored by Fedora Core

It seems that I'm having some odd problems with my Linux box, which essentially boil down to this: I have a 100Mb network. Between Windows boxes I can typically get approx 70Mbps throughput on an un-loaded link. Between my Linux box and any other box on the system I can get, at best, 3-5Kbps throughput, even on a direct (x-over) link.

Network Diagram Here

I've tried playing with route, and I've noticed that setting my Windows box as the default gateway for all traffic does improve matters (though I can't really give you a benchmark measure of how much. All I can say is that the 9MB file that was taking ~45mins to copy from the win box to the lin box moved in about ten seconds). However, it only improves things between those two boxes since once this is done my Linux box can't resolve any other host names for some reason (time to batten down the hatches and switch to static IP addresses and update my hosts.conf, methinks).

Any ideas are much appreciated.

CD
    Last edited by CodeDragon; May 5th, 2004 at 04:30 AM.
    There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe. - Albert Einstein