Ghost 2003 Identifing HD Partitions

Thread: Ghost 2003 Identifing HD Partitions

Hybrid View

Ghost 2003 Identifing HD Partitions

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=Black]
    I use Ghost 2003 to backup a 40 Gig C: drive once a month on an XP Pro system. Originally, I had a second 160 Gig drive partitioned into two 80 Gig partitions and backed up the C: to one of the partitions. While setting up the clone operation the first time, there was an option for Ghost to identify the 160 Gig drive and it did so without any trouble and saw the two 80 Gig partitions. Then, I backed up the 40 Gig C: to the 80 Gig Partition successfully. But I decided to repartition the 160 into 4 partitions of 40 Gigs so that I could have copies of the C: going back 4 months. The problem is, Ghost won't give me the option to identify the HD anymore and it continues to see two partitions. I can't figure out how to get it to allow me to re-identify the HD with all four partitions. Does anyone know how to get Ghost to give me back the option to identify the HD again?

Quote Originally Posted by stichka
    I use Ghost 2003 to backup a 40 Gig C: drive once a month on an XP Pro system. Originally, I had a second 160 Gig drive partitioned into two 80 Gig partitions and backed up the C: to one of the partitions. While setting up the clone operation the first time, there was an option for Ghost to identify the 160 Gig drive and it did so without any trouble and saw the two 80 Gig partitions. Then, I backed up the 40 Gig C: to the 80 Gig Partition successfully. But I decided to repartition the 160 into 4 partitions of 40 Gigs so that I could have copies of the C: going back 4 months. The problem is, Ghost won't give me the option to identify the HD anymore and it continues to see two partitions. I can't figure out how to get it to allow me to re-identify the HD with all four partitions. Does anyone know how to get Ghost to give me back the option to identify the HD again?
    Sounds like the problem is with the fact that Ghost "marked" the drive. My only suggestion would be to try a different copy of ghost if available, or do whatever you need to do in order for the drivers to become "unmarked".

Uninstall and reinstall it?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I had a problem like this and tech support told me to use the "-fdsp" switch and it helped my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by stichka