Gas prices...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices...

Gas prices...

...S@#K the big one!!! We have officially gone over the $2.00 mark here in Florida. Geesh, I drive to all my jobs and it is killing me!!! May have to raise rates to compensate.
    How much you all pay in the UK, Canada, Australia, etc?

Alternative fuels!! Drill in Alaska! Anything to be less dependent of OPEC.
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

I saw on the news the other day that all floral deliver services around the country had raised their rates...even Pizza deliver went up a bit. You being in the industry, I figured that FTD would have contacted you by now about increasing your rates...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I saw on the news the other day that all floral deliver services around the country had raised their rates...even Pizza deliver went up a bit. You being in the industry, I figured that FTD would have contacted you by now about increasing your rates...

Touche'. No not teh "bag".

damn $2.00? thats flippen cheap. stop crying..

Im paying $2.40 right now and thats going down

81.9 Per Liter
    gallon = 3.785411784 liter

So 3.785411784 X 81.9 = 3.10 Per Gallon Canadian

So $2.24 US Per Gallon
    I'm not Satan ... I'm just one of his highly placed minions

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by amyb
    Alternative fuels!! Drill in Alaska! Anything to be less dependent of OPEC.
    ...seriously one of the biggest problems we have up here (yes I'm in that evil mineral/oil/gas industry - have been for 23 years now) is that the infrastructure up here is ummm...lacking. Although we are by far the largest State in the Union we barely rank ahead of Rhode Island for Public Roads. Basically Anchorage, Mat/Su Valley, Kenai Peninsula and Fairbanks is just about it for roads. So getting to the mineral resources is a unique problem. Actually the best time of the year to access these areas is in the winter when ice & snow roads can be built across the tundra without fear of sinking into 20' of mud & muck. Another item of interest up here is that we have coal bed methane out the wazoo! Alaska is just now starting to tap into this resource. As there are only ~700,000 of weun's up here (about ½ in the Anchorage & Mat/Su area) the problem is getting it down to y'all in the Lower 48. Canada is building a pipeline down from the Yukon thru BC to Vancouver. There has been much talk of extending down into Washington and then distributing it from there. Right now negotiations are ongoing. Another thing too is that very little of the Alaska oil ends up in the US. Some of it ends up here in Alaska, but most goes to Japan. Another aside is actually we import most of our oil from other sources besides OPEC (Canada & Mexico).

Oh by the way gas is $1.75 regular unleaded at Fred Myer in Eagle River (well it was Wednesday morning anyway).
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

.96$ CAN / liter here.

That's 2.62$ US a gallon.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Banned
    uk gas prices

Live mid-market rates as of 2004.05.07 18:02:53 GMT. 4.00 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds
    = 7.14253 USD
    United States Dollars
    1 GBP = 1.78563 USD 1 USD = 0.560025 GBP
    a litre (which is what we deal with) has gone above 80p , 4.5 litre = a uk gallon ,,,us gallons are different

but that figue is aqs close as dammit.

freddy

Alternative fuels!!
    YES!!!

Drill in Alaska! Anything to be less dependent of OPEC.
    No need for that. I don't support it.

The reason that oil is expensive right now acording to OPEC nations is that oil is sold in dollars per barrel and with the dollar at a low level of value they make less per barrel of oil and have to recoup their losses. The 1st alternative is the way to go. NO MORE BURNING FOSSIL FUELS IN MASS QUANTITY.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    YES!!!

The reason that oil is expensive right now acording to OPEC nations is that oil is sold in dollars per barrel and with the dollar at a low level of value they make less per barrel of oil and have to recoup their losses. The 1st alternative is the way to go. NO MORE BURNING FOSSIL FUELS IN MASS QUANTITY.
    ????? the excuse we are being given "expence caused by terorist threat" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    ????? the excuse we are being given "expence caused by terorist threat" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOLLOCKS

That makes sense, if you replace "expence caused by terorist threat" by "strong desire for increased profits".
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    That makes sense, if you replace "expence caused by terorist threat" by "strong desire for increased profits".
    Indeed: any excuse will do. It's all about the bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    I took my info from an article on OPEC and oil prices I read on the net. It came out just when prices started to rise and predicted the prices would go up to above $2.00 per galon of gas in the USA. Their explanation seemd to make sense more than terroism.
    Another thing I have heard from conservative radio is that maybe the OPEC nations are raising prices to make GWB look bad as it's an election year and a lot of Americans vote with their wallets.

That made sense too but the 1st explanation made more sense unless you factor in that the dollar was deflated in value for a while now and prices dropped previously. I'd say it's a combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    YES!!!

seriously...name an alternative fuel that will actually work?