[RESOLVED] Diamond PCI 2560 56i V Pro drivers needed for win2k RC1

Thread: [RESOLVED] Diamond PCI 2560 56i V Pro drivers needed for win2k RC1

Darren Wilson

Question Diamond PCI 2560 56i V Pro drivers needed for win2k RC1

anyone know of a location where I can get the drivers for this modem . It currently is using the Rockwell HCF WDM driver built in to Win2kRC1, but fails to detect a dialtone, when it works fine when booted into win98SE ( dual boot system )??

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????
    visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk

DiamondTech2

ftp://ftp.diamondmm-europe.com/comm/56kpro/files.htm

Here is the page with the drivers.
    The no dialtone could be caused by-

Here is a list of common reasons why you might get the "No Dialtone" error message:
    1. Your telephone line may not be plugged in to the modem or the wall jack.
    2. Your telephone line may be plugged into the wrong jack in the modem.
    3. There may be too many devices on the line. Try removing all devices but the modem.
    4. Your telephone system may not support modems (the modem requires standard analog lines).
    5. Your modem may not recognize the dialtone if you have voice messaging.
    6. Your modem may not recognize the dialtone if the country code is not set properly. If you are using a SupraExpress modem purchased in North America and are not in North America, you may have some success if you change the "X" setting in your software’s initialization string. "X3" will often work, and if not, you can try "X0".
    7. If using Windows 95/NT, make sure you have the correct modem chosen in the "Connect Using" box of your modem application. If you had a previous modem installed, your software may still be directed to use that old modem entry and needs to be changed.
    8. Your modem may have been damaged by a recent electrical surge through the telephone line. Contact technical support for information on repairing the modem.
    9. The telephone cord being used may be defective; try another telephone cord. This can also be checked by plugged a phone directly into the back of the modem (verify that the phone gets dial tone when plugged into the modem).

Darren Wilson

Thanks for the reply Diamond Tech, but I know the cable is fine as it works under 98SE ( otherwise I would not be replying to you now ). It also works under NT4 with the NT drivers. I have checked all the telephony settings for Win2k and everything is set to United Kingdom. I also have tried the control strings that I have used in the past from the old Modem Bible I have and still no joy Looks like I will have to change my modem for a MRI ISA instead

Oh well It's only more money spent on unreleased products

------------------

DiamondTech2

I misunderstood your plight. Good luck in your search, I have found none as of yet.

Darren Wilson

I miswrote my previous post, as under the Rockwell HCF country settings there is no UK listing , only USA, Canada, Mexico, Taiwan and Japan.

Looks like I will have to get a new modem

------------------