Dear all,

This is my first post. I am currently working on a Linux/Sendmail to Exchange 2003 SBS migration project and wish to get help from users who have more Exchange Server experience. Thanks in advance.

My network is pretty small - around 25 clients running p2p mode, currently using POP3/SMTP provided by a Cobalt Cube machine (all-in-one applience) that runs Linux. I ordered Windows 2003 SBS which come with Exchange 2003, but due to my lack of up-to-date knowledge on Exchange Server 2003 my project was delay.

I am seeking for advise on following topic and thanks for any reply.

1. On my lab test, after join domain, reboot, a workgroup PC take very long time to get to the logon prompt, I don't know why yet.

2. On the test client machine (Win2k+OutlookXP), after joining domain, I try to configure Outlook to connect to Exchange server, and keep getting "The name could not be resolved, The name could not be matched to a name in the address list" thus failed.

3. I wonder what would be the best way to enable migration while keep the production email unaffected. My ISP is willing to setup multiple MX record to allow Exchange as primary and Cobalt as secondary, but I wonder if there is anything in Exchange Server needs to be configured to prevent email lost.

Being new to Exchange 2003 I am behind the server migration schedule.

Thanks so much for any help. Please forgive my English (typo) as its not my primary language.

ttxn