wireless bridge

Thread: wireless bridge

Question wireless bridge

hello im new here so pls b gentil
    i have 2 lan gaming cafe(20 comps each) atleast 5km apart,i want to connect both using
    linksys wap11 connected to 24dbi grid antenna would this work?if anyone have a better idea pls le me know
    Last edited by raul; May 13th, 2004 at 12:16 PM.

If it doesn't work with Linksys, try to use Smartbridges. This is the best wireless equipment in difficult or long distance situations.
    www.smartbridges.com

goodluck

Do you have los (line of site)? If so then that should not be a problem. Also make sure that you calulate fresnal zone (google it if you don't know what it is). You might also look to see if there are any wireless experts in your area and have them setup the connection. And on a side note wireless isn't all that great for a bunch of computers gaming. Expect lag times to be high.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Talking wireless bridge

Quote Originally Posted by raul
    hello im new here so pls b gentil
    i have 2 lan gaming cafe(20 comps each) atleast 5km apart,i want to connect both using
    linksys wap11 connected to 24dbi grid antenna would this work?if anyone have a better idea pls le me know
    thank you @gollo...yes,los is ok..but then if lag would be the problem i dont want my customer to [email protected] smartbridges,would i have the lag also? (sorry guys i'm not familiar about these stuff)

Smartbridges are good but they only work with the 802.11b standard, which is 11Mbps (max) and in the field you might get about 5Mbps (or less with WEP) real throughput.

You will probably have to look for equipment that works with the 802.11g standard which can get higher speeds, 54Mbps max. I have only worked with the 802.11b standard because I need the distance and sometimes no line of site power of 802.11b. A search on google gives you any info you will ever need about the different standards...
    It would be interesting to see what the lag will be after you get both sides connected.

Also read this: http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/e...3october13.asp

and this: http://www.homenethelp.com/802.11b/index.asp

Goodluck

Q

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by raul
    thank you @gollo...yes,los is ok..but then if lag would be the problem i dont want my customer to [email protected] smartbridges,would i have the lag also? (sorry guys i'm not familiar about these stuff)
    Thanks guys...i found netgear wap54 supporting 802.11b & g...i'll connect this to 24dbi grid antenna and well see