What does UPS/FedEx do after the 3rd delivery attempt?

Thread: What does UPS/FedEx do after the 3rd delivery attempt?

Hybrid View

What does UPS/FedEx do after the 3rd delivery attempt?

I was just wondering what fedex and ups do after the 3rd delivery attempt if there is no one home? Do they return to the sender or do they leave it at a place you can pick it up? Is there a way to tell them to try and delivery to the neighbours if no one if home?

Thanks

You have to go pick it up at their depot. Find the local one in your area and call them. They will set the package aside and you can go pick it up.

You may need ID when you get it. Seems to depend upon the package and the person at the place.

Quote Originally Posted by ClickHere2Surf.com
    I was just wondering what fedex and ups do after the 3rd delivery attempt if there is no one home? Do they return to the sender or do they leave it at a place you can pick it up? Is there a way to tell them to try and delivery to the neighbours if no one if home?

Thanks
    Let me guess, you got one of those little slips notifying you of delivery. Did you call the phone number on the ticket, contact your local delivery office? Come on man, use your head here!!!

No, I didnt get a delivery slip, I just saw on the online tracking that they attempted to deliver while the cleaning lady was home and there were fees that she didnt pay.

So I didnt go to school today so they could deliver it because I thoguht they sent it back to the sender after the 3rd attempt, anyway there's no UPS facitity in like 11 miles so it's a bit far to go each time I get a delivery, I normally just leave school an hour early when I'm expecting one but they attempted to delier this one at 10:30 AM friday, so I assumed it woul be early again to day, and it was here about at 10:15 AM.

With normal post deliveries they leave it at the post office 2 minutes away from here so thats not a problem, its just when I get UPS/Fedex deliveries.

Thanks

So again, have you called the local sort facility??? These are the guys that are handling your package, and can by far better answer your question than anyone here...

This reminds me of the time when a dude was having trouble with Internet performance for his shop, and came here asking if the whole Internet was under attack or something.

Just call the sort facility and tell them you are going to come pick it up. Then it'll be there waiting for you.

Or you can advise them of a time to deliver after. Like if you don't get home from school until after 1:00pm, then tell them not to deliver until after 1:30pm. That way you'll be home to receive it.
    *The official eating utensil of all WinDrivers members*

Quote Originally Posted by Spork
    Just call the sort facility and tell them you are going to come pick it up. Then it'll be there waiting for you.

Or you can advise them of a time to deliver after. Like if you don't get home from school until after 1:00pm, then tell them not to deliver until after 1:30pm. That way you'll be home to receive it.
    They can actually do that!?! Last time I asked when it will be delivered they normally just say "between 8 and 5". Do I just have to call ups and they can keep track that all deliveries to my address should be after 1pm (I go to college from 7-12)?

Thanks