WAP 2.2 better than WAP 2.8?

Thread: WAP 2.2 better than WAP 2.8?

WAP 2.2 better than WAP 2.8?

I have a 2.2 that I'm using as an AP. I got a 2.8 a few days ago that I've been wanting to use as a bridge. Just for kicks, I switched the 2.8 and the 2.2. I look on my computer (that has a wusb11) at the signal strength and link quality, and they're both jumping around 50%-80% but hang around the 60s.

What gives? When I had the 2.2 in there it would never drop below 90%, and it stays mostly at 100%. Plus the meter doesn't jump around nearly as much. Both are using the newest firmware versions. Needless to say, I'm not very happy. =(

AFAIK: they dropped the output down to 25 mw.

not sure if the 2.2 version was 50 mw or 100 mw, but i KNOW the 2.8's are 25 mw output .
    "hardware pounder"

ah, ic. I've come to the conclusion that linksys sucks, you never know if the newer versions are better (ha, yeah right!) or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarizt
    ah, ic. I've come to the conclusion that linksys sucks, you never know if the newer versions are better (ha, yeah right!) or worse.
    Linksys has the best ap's out there. As for comobo ap/routers I couldn't tell you but their waps beat the pants off of any other ap in the same price range out there. Just my 0.02
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Their AP's are great, that's why I bought a new one. But how the heck was I supposed to know that my ancient 2.2 was better than the much newer 2.8? Now I have to buy a 2.2 and sell my 2.8. Losing out on time and money for something that I shouldn't have to do.