.net Passport Signin problems

Thread: .net Passport Signin problems

.net Passport Signin problems

working on a windows XP Pro machine. That I just built 2 months ago. Well the Problem is when ever She tries to log into sites like Hotmail.com it will pull up the logon page just fine but as soon as you put in a username and password it acts like its having alot of problems athencation to the server. and after awhile it will come back saying this page cannot be displayed.

This computer is sitting behind a coporate Router but other windows xp machines do not have anyproblems. the Firewall on The Nic has been turned off. Norton Antivirus 2004 has the most current virus defs. and has run a full system scan within the last 7 days. Ad-aware and spybot have been installed, updated, and ran on the date that I made this post. All of IE settings have been reset to their defaults. Temp files, and cookies have been deleted. cookie settings have been set to allow all cookies. I have even tried a different profile.

probly missing something very simple but its not coming to mind right now. Any other ideas would be very helpful. A format reinstalled is the very last thing I want to do just being there is alot of programs and settings installed on this system that would take a very long while to get all back on. but if I have to do it well it has to be done.

Have you tried turning off the firewall temporarily? And the AV? I would have suggested the profile, but you got that one. Looks like you've tried most things. How about a repair of IE?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Have you tried turning off the firewall temporarily? And the AV? I would have suggested the profile, but you got that one. Looks like you've tried most things. How about a repair of IE?
    The Firewall is a hardware Device on the Network. The Built in Firewall in windows XP has been disabled. Could you Refresh my mind on how you repair IE in windows XP?

It's XP Pro you say? Can you login as Administrator (local XP Administrator account) and try it there instead of from her user account?
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    It's XP Pro you say? Can you login as Administrator (local XP Administrator account) and try it there instead of from her user account?

Sorry about that WebHead I had mention that I had tried a different Profile, which was the (local) administrator. What was weird and I had forgoten to mention yesterday. when I loged in with the Admin username I was able to Log into Hotmail just once. but as soon as I had loged out and tried again I was stuck with the sam problem.

Thanks Trip for the Link going to try that and see if that helps.

Well Time to dig this up. Finally had a chance to work on the system again. So I walked threw all the steps in Microsofts KB 318378. The One that Tripl posted. when I tried to install IE it error out saying that the softwareyou are installing has not passed windows logo test. and to uninstall a Hotfix file. well when all was done I had messed up a windows file. And I had to do a repair of XP pro. Now got everything working again but I am still having problems with this .net sign in problem. Just hopping that someone else has run into this problem and has a solution before I am left with a reformat and reinstall.

check your hosts file only 127.0.0.1localhost have to be there anything else delate have had a problem before like that hotmail was block on my hosts file

Hey I have the same problem, did everything like you. I made a little progress though, last night I couldn't reach hotmail or any netpass sites, today I can, but as soon as I click sign in, it goes back to Domain name not found.
    The funny part is that this happens only with my laptop, I have a desktop computer and I can access hotmail with it, and the same dsl connections.
    I'm pretty much thinking about format and reinstall too, hoping that you might have found the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mario_chow
    Hey I have the same problem, did everything like you. I made a little progress though, last night I couldn't reach hotmail or any netpass sites, today I can, but as soon as I click sign in, it goes back to Domain name not found.
    The funny part is that this happens only with my laptop, I have a desktop computer and I can access hotmail with it, and the same dsl connections.
    I'm pretty much thinking about format and reinstall too, hoping that you might have found the solution.

well I did figure out the issue. But I resolved the issue when they had some internet connection issue. ANd I landed up increasing the MTU for the network card. But now I cannot recall what that exact number was. It was in the range of 1300 - 1400 .