eMachine Internet Explorer Problem...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: eMachine Internet Explorer Problem...

Registered User PreciousAngelJS25's Avatar

eMachine Internet Explorer Problem...

Hey everyone! Ever since I got this computer last November, I have had trouble with Internet Explorer. It works fine, but when I go to close it, it wont close. I click on the "X" button or the "Close" button out of the File Menu, but it just makes a funny sound and wont close. I would love to be able to use IE again because alot of sites and other things arent supported on the browsers I use. Does anyone know how to fix this? If so I would just die!!! I've been getting so frusterated with this problem lately and I just wanna fix it!!

Thank you!

Well first off what windows and what version of IE?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    Well first off what windows and what version of IE?
    Windows XP & I'm not sure what version of IE I have, but I know it's the newest version. It came bundle with the software in this computer, which is an eMachine T-2865.

Don't die precious, but here is the fix.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;318378

PS
    The pics on your homepage are, well, precious. I have seven birds like the one on your shoulder.
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; May 18th, 2004 at 10:07 AM.

Bundled software is usally far behind whats current. When the bundled restore disk was made it was before many of the newest patches.
    2 things
    1: open internet explorer go to help then about and that will give you the version then
    2: Go to tools then windows update and do all the updates
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Don't die precious, but here is the fix.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;318378

PS
    The pics on your homepage are, well, precious. I have seven birds like the one on your shoulder.
    Thanks dude! That is way too advanced for me, so I'm gonna wait until one of my friends who is studying to be an engineer can come over, or my Godmother can do it. I'm kinda scared to go in and mess with the registery and I dont know how to back it up.

Thanks for the compliments on my pics though! You have 7 cockatiels? Awesome!! I used to have 20 before we moved here. I love birds and they have always been my favorite animal!

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousAngelJS25
    Thanks dude! That is way too advanced for me, so I'm gonna wait until one of my friends who is studying to be an engineer can come over, or my Godmother can do it. I'm kinda scared to go in and mess with the registery and I dont know how to back it up.

Thanks for the compliments on my pics though! You have 7 cockatiels? Awesome!! I used to have 20 before we moved here. I love birds and they have always been my favorite animal!
    Mine, too. They are my babies.
    We can help you to back up the registry and walk you through this. It really isn't complicated (There is only one number in one key to change). But, if you're fearful, best leave it for the future tech.

Mine, too. They are my babies.
    We can help you to back up the registry and walk you through this. It really isn't complicated (There is only one number in one key to change). But, if you're fearful, best leave it for the future tech.
    Well I got through that point fine. Now I'm trying to reinstall IE but it's not working. I gets about halfway d/led and then this window pops up saying that "this program hasnt passed Windows Logo testing" or some such nonsence. I'm about to give up on it! It's soooo frusterating!

Thanks though for all the help guys!

Well I got through that point fine. Now I'm trying to reinstall IE but it's not working. I gets about halfway d/led and then this window pops up saying that "this program hasnt passed Windows Logo testing" or some such nonsence. I'm about to give up on it! It's soooo frusterating!

Thanks though for all the help guys!
    Well that's not right. It IS a windows program, so something else is amiss. Perhaps you are right: wait for the future tech. If that is too long of a wait, we can help you, but it might get pretty complicated. Your call precious.

Well that's not right. It IS a windows program, so something else is amiss. Perhaps you are right: wait for the future tech. If that is too long of a wait, we can help you, but it might get pretty complicated. Your call precious.
    hrm I guess I can go ahead and try it now. He's already tried working with it before, and he couldnt figure anything out. So maybe I'd be better listening to you guys. Do you have AIM or MSN? It might be easier to talk over those...

hrm I guess I can go ahead and try it now. He's already tried working with it before, and he couldnt figure anything out. So maybe I'd be better listening to you guys. Do you have AIM or MSN? It might be easier to talk over those...
    Alright, since you're game (I like your courage) we need to sort out a few things first. The message you got should have said what program didn't pass. Tell us what it is, ok? And more questions: do you have broadband or modem connection?
    Do you have a virus program which is up to date?
    Do you use any file sharing programs?
    Have you scanned for spyware or adware, and do you know what it is?
    Lastly, at least for now, what kind of pc do you have: name model number etc?
    Oh yeah: is closing IE your only problem with it? IOW: does it work fine while you're browsing?

Alright, since you're game (I like your courage) we need to sort out a few things first. The message you got should have said what program didn't pass. Tell us what it is, ok? And more questions: do you have broadband or modem connection?
    Do you have a virus program which is up to date?
    Do you use any file sharing programs?
    Have you scanned for spyware or adware, and do you know what it is?
    Lastly, at least for now, what kind of pc do you have: name model number etc?
    Oh yeah: is closing IE your only problem with it? IOW: does it work fine while you're browsing?
    -Not sure what you mean about "the message you got should have said what program didnt pass." Do you mean the message about the program not passing the Windows Logo Test?
    -I have a modem connection through our local cable company. The internet is set up to another computer through a router.
    -I have up to date Norton System Works
    -My Godmother has checked it for spy/adware. I'm not sure when the last time she checked though. I think it's called Ad-Aware
    -I have an eMachine T-2865
    -Yes it's the only problem. I can browse and everything when it's open, it just wont close unless I use "Ctrl+Alt+Dlt." It sometime's freezes when there are too many windows open because I cant shut down the pop up windows.

Hi precious!
    Pop up windows? Tell us more about that. What are they and how frequent?

Hi precious!
    Pop up windows? Tell us more about that. What are they and how frequent?
    I have no clue. I havent used IE in forever, and they werent too frequent when I used it last so it usually doesnt freeze, but it has a couple of times.

OK, let's try to get rid of these popups first. Go in to Control Panel and choose Administrative Tools. Then choose/click on Services. Scroll down to "Messenger" and disable it, alright?
    But, I suspect other problems here. So, go here: http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=57348 and follow ALL the instructions first (the first post by NooNoo, not all the rest). Then, after all of this, we'll need you to post the HiJack This log here for us to see. If you need help with this we can help you. But, follow all the step from that post first, alright? Then, after you're done, we will look at your HiJack log and see if anything else is wrong.
    OK Precious?
    BTW
    You are precious! We need another lady tech here.