Intelligence is a curse. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Intelligence is a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    Uhhhhh....yeah....?

Nooooooo...

Internet Linebacker
    But I called it first! I'm telling Scott on you!

Someday when I grow an intelligence I will contribute to this thread.

In the meantime, I'm just going to make an observation that Dubya is a perfect example of this entire discussion.
    Hello World

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Someday when I grow an intelligence I will contribute to this thread..
    Dude...we'll all be dead by then....

Well,.. either way I have a 19" NEC and you don't.
    Hello World

Internet Linebacker
    More proof that idiots prosper in this society. :P

More proof that idiots prosper in this society. :P
    Well, coby, I HAVE to say something. You and yours have sooo much to offer to this forum, but instead, you choose to be arseholes almost EVERY step of the way. I was told ALL about you all, but still I played along. But then, iameditedby came by with his bu11****. So, I have to ask: what is up? The truth and the real you's for once??? So muich to offer, but so little you all give? WHY? Tell me: after all, I wasn't here back then, so: I am a NOOB in that respect. But geesh, there comes a time when you need to grow and get past all that "OLD" crap. So: where are you now, and where are your underlings? You ALL need to be be someplace, and here is where you all belong...but, at a price. You all have so much more to offer then the CLOWNS you all present yourselves to be. Come on now: be a part, and not a scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Kong
    I'm super intelligent and over 45! It's like ummmmm...What was I sayin'?
    Yeah, I know what you mean ... they say the second thing to go is the memory, right after ... ah ... er ... d*mn, can't remember the first thing.

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Well, coby, I HAVE to say something. You and yours have sooo much to offer to this forum, but instead, you choose to be arseholes almost EVERY step of the way. I was told ALL about you all, but still I played along. But then, iameditedby came by with his bu11****. So, I have to ask: what is up? The truth and the real you's for once??? So muich to offer, but so little you all give? WHY? Tell me: after all, I wasn't here back then, so: I am a NOOB in that respect. But geesh, there comes a time when you need to grow and get past all that "OLD" crap. So: where are you now, and where are your underlings? You ALL need to be be someplace, and here is where you all belong...but, at a price. You all have so much more to offer then the CLOWNS you all present yourselves to be. Come on now: be a part, and not a scar.

Dude, are you sniffing glue or something? I have no idea what you're talking about.

[QUOTE=ilovetheusers] You can’t get to be the “boss” because you might threaten the existing idiots who hold the other “boss” positions.
    QUOTE]

Mmmm too true, I was sacked once for "mis-use of e-mail" after my boss became threatened as it was becoming more and more obvious to her she knew f**k all about IT....

For example, rather than configuring Outlook Web Access for 4 people who needed access to e-mails and only e-mails, she spent over £11,000 installing a VPN solution which never worked (timeouts, 56k dial ups on remote PC's, permissions, offline folders, etc). This was installed the week before I started, but it became my fault as I was the IT manager.... I was then instructed by her boss (Chief Executive) to sort out this "mess you've created".

So I did, I switched off the VPN router, removed VPN software from PC's and configured Outlook Web Access using original router/firewall..... Voila, a working solution in an afternoon. But guess who got credit? That's right....

Man I better stop as I could go on all day, about the virus software, UPS's, re-wiring cabinets, ghosting PC's, cabling, office moves.... grrrr even after all these years it still boils my blood.
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

Banned
    I propose we only use yellow and red lights on the stop lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    I propose we only use yellow and red lights on the stop lights.
    It would be more fun if we just had green.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Don't forget that if you do somehow end up successful, you are an evil moneygrubbing bastard and should be taxed because you can afford it.

I heard a rumor that once upon a time people lauded and were motivated by success rather than hated it.

Commie!

But I called it first! I'm telling Scott on you!

Alright, jeeze. You can be in charge. Tattletale.

[QUOTE=corturbra]
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    You can’t get to be the “boss” because you might threaten the existing idiots who hold the other “boss” positions.
    QUOTE]

Mmmm too true, I was sacked once for "mis-use of e-mail" after my boss became threatened as it was becoming more and more obvious to her she knew f**k all about IT....

For example, rather than configuring Outlook Web Access for 4 people who needed access to e-mails and only e-mails, she spent over £11,000 installing a VPN solution which never worked (timeouts, 56k dial ups on remote PC's, permissions, offline folders, etc). This was installed the week before I started, but it became my fault as I was the IT manager.... I was then instructed by her boss (Chief Executive) to sort out this "mess you've created".

So I did, I switched off the VPN router, removed VPN software from PC's and configured Outlook Web Access using original router/firewall..... Voila, a working solution in an afternoon. But guess who got credit? That's right....

Man I better stop as I could go on all day, about the virus software, UPS's, re-wiring cabinets, ghosting PC's, cabling, office moves.... grrrr even after all these years it still boils my blood.

Getting in trouble for and fixing other peoples messes and then not getting credit for all of your work is a specialty of mine too. This has to be in the top 10 most infuriating things in life.