My computer has no sound and I have a soundblaster 16 and a C-Media chip on my Mach Speed V400DBL. At first when I built this computer the sound worked fine via my chip. Then I got a stop screen and the computer would have to restart during and when i exited games. The problem it said was in a C-media file so downloaded the update from the machspeed website and the problem stopped...except then I had no sound! Unable to fix the problem I bought a PCI SoundBlaster16 then the problem was basically solved (although mp3s would skip and so would video). Then the other day after opening up my comp and adding a pci video card i got a New Hardware Detected message except it was talking about the C-Media chip. I guess i wasnt thinking and reinstalled the C-Media crap, which stopped my sound from working again. I tried uninstalling as many ALC drivers (the motherboard chip) and then uninstalling and reinstalling the soundblaster software. Now I have no sound although device manager finally recognizes my Sound Blaster but "Sounds and Audio Device Properties" says I have no device. How can that be? Now not only is there no sound but it says i have no devices!

If anybody can help me get the sound working again and WinXp to recognize a device, I'll be so grateful!! If I can't figure out how to fix it I'll probably just reformat the drive running Xp and all the programs and start all over again.