SIS 7018 Sound card - Win98se no sound

Thread: SIS 7018 Sound card - Win98se no sound

Angry SIS 7018 Sound card - Win98se no sound

I have an SIS 7018 Sound Card, running windows 98se in my notebook computer, i recently replaced my hard drive I reinstalled all of my drivers and everything worked except my sound card. The sound card appears in the device manager and it says it is working properly but it does not appear in the multimedia properties, I reinstalled the driver several times without any results. I tried installing the windows 98/95 driver and the sound card worked fine however many of my programs "Aol, Media Player, Real Player etc" started to freeze. Please Help!!

Welcome to Windrivers, sf6090.

Could you post the make and model of your notebook? That will help us diagnose the problem. You may need chipset drivers to keep the system from freezing.

One thing to try is boot the system into safe mode, go into the device manager and remove all entries under the sound device heading, reboot into normal mode and let Windows "re-find" the sound hardware. The drivers should still be in the system. If you get the "insert Windows 98 disc" message, guide the prompt to C:\Windows\System. That should get you through boot-up.

Post back with more information.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

Hey man have the same problem in a home system. If you need the chipset drivers, try amptron.com thats where i finally found the drivers i needed. You'll need to know your Mainboard though, so use Aida or berlac to find it out.