Problem with video card

Thread: Problem with video card

Exclamation Problem with video card

I have a new video card Had it now close to a week . Been doing good have not played any games Till lastnight, Ran a few video test. And did pretty good on the score but. When I started playing battlefield the game would freezup. Sound was very good but kept freezing, So I TOOK the game out and. I seen a popup at the bottom of screen saying my virtual memory was very low... So I restarted pc and thats when it went crazy... The blue screen was all dotted and broke up.. And when it got to my desk top it keep flashing on and off. .Till it just went to a solid blue screen and it would not do anything..... So I had to hit ctrl-alt-delete.. And shut it down there.. I have a (ati 9600 radeon 128mb 128bit) my pc has 256mb of ram Running Windows Xp with the Sp2....... I WAS also using the (omega driver) on my video card. But now, I did a system restore back to the day I PUT the new sound card in.. Using the driver that came with the card. But am at this time scared to try the game, Until I understand what happend. Can someone please tell me what they think. And what I can do to prevent this from happing again? I ALSO would like to add that this same game worked a few months ago in this pc but sound was very bad and it only froze up 2 or 3 times now it freezes up every few sec but the sound is very good and the video is very sharp and clear?
    IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

Battlefield Vietnam or 1942? I had a few issues with BFVN, solved those by lowering my settings a little, especially the sound settings. Adding a little more ram may help you, at least another 256 megs. Also could the SP2 beta have something to do with this?
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    Battlefield Vietnam or 1942? I had a few issues with BFVN, solved those by lowering my settings a little, especially the sound settings. Adding a little more ram may help you, at least another 256 megs. Also could the SP2 beta have something to do with this?
    its 1942 well like i said i used my old intergrated card on the same game and it never locked up my pc the sound was very poor and it froze up a few times but not like it did with this new card the only differents was the sp2

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot316
    its 1942 well like i said i used my old intergrated card on the same game and it never locked up my pc the sound was very poor and it froze up a few times but not like it did with this new card the only differents was the sp2
    Try uninstalling the service pack and lower your sound quality settings a little.

Edit: Have you downloaded the patches for BF1942 from the EA website?

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Well, running a release canditate service pack with non manuf drivers could cause some issues. Not so much the drivers as the SP. Do a restore to before the time when you put on SP 2 RC1
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    Well, running a release canditate service pack with non manuf drivers could cause some issues. Not so much the drivers as the SP. Do a restore to before the time when you put on SP 2 RC1
    well talked to the ati tryed what they said didnt work got a little better pc is not locking up now I WAS using another game comanche gold and I no any pc should play that game with out any problems I NEVER had a problem with my old set up and it is intergrated and only 32mb card BUT the problems this time was the pixels in the sky was large and colors was mixing up tryed updating driver to the card and changing and diabling vup recovery and that made it a little better but still has the pixels large and the colors mix up around the edges but one thing i have noticed is that as long as its not a game everything else like my disk top icons are very clear and sharp I HAVE ANOTHER PC THATS IS MY GIRLFRIENDS AND ITS THE SAME MODEL AND EVERYTHING EXSEPT IT DONT HAVE BUT 128MB AND IT ONLY HAS THE INTERGRATED CARD IN IT BUT IT WORKS BETTER THAN THIS 9600 RADEON . I REALLY have ran out of things to do hope someone can help me on this.

Cool

I guess I don't understand why you would have used the Omega drivers in the first place. I won't even get into the SP2 part of the equation (even though I think it's possible that SP2 could be the real culprit). Were the Omega drivers used in an effort to try to correct the problem or did you try them with the expectations that they would perform better than ATI's drivers?

Doublle check your settings from withun the game. Look especially at the video settings. Not in Windows, but under settings in the game.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie_Tech
    I guess I don't understand why you would have used the Omega drivers in the first place. I won't even get into the SP2 part of the equation (even though I think it's possible that SP2 could be the real culprit). Were the Omega drivers used in an effort to try to correct the problem or did you try them with the expectations that they would perform better than ATI's drivers?
    someone said it would make my card work better with the omega driver but all it did was show a good score on the bench but as far as the sp2 Why would that make all this happen with the v card and any changes I make does help some if I could get the color thing right and the pixels I would be pretty happy.