A7N8X-X Audio Problems. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A7N8X-X Audio Problems.

I did try agressive settings once and windows would not load...and even struggled to get it back in to BIOS. I was a bit nervous after that.

Just found this on the ASUS website forum while trying to find the supported RAM section (which I still can't find)

Does ASUS A7N8X-X support dual channel memory technology?

No. Within NVIDIA chipset specification, A7N8X-X supports single channel memory mode. If you want to have dual channel memory support, please purchase A7N8X, A7N8XDeluxe, or A7N8X-VM.

Guess Im outta luck!!! :-(

Just gotta get sound now!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Are your RAM sticks approved by the motherboard vendor? Asus has a list on its site.

It does indeed appear like the FSB is not properly configured for your CPU. Try to reset the motherboard to Aggressive settings in the BIOS.

Sorry to hear that, Skip.

FYI, all the drivers for this board are here, if you need them: http://www.asus.com/support/download...-X&Type=Latest
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

On some Asus A78X-X boards the fsb is set by a dip switch. This is coloured blue nd the factory default (100mhz) is all OFF. You are presently set to 100mhz...

The settings will be in the book. Or on the website....

John
    Last edited by Atodini; June 25th, 2004 at 11:05 AM.
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

The only thing I could find was the CPU_FSB? I have set the pins to support fsb 400/333/266. I couldn't find anything else in regards to a dip switch in the book and on the site?
    Have you got any more info on this John? ie: Where I would find it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Atodini
    On some Asus A78X-X boards the fsb is set by a dip switch. This is coloured blue nd the factory default (100mhz) is all OFF. You are presently set to 100mhz...

The settings will be in the book. Or on the website....

John

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius_17
    Hi all.

I was wondering if anybody could help me, as I'm going absolutley crazy trying to get my Asus A7N8X-X motherboard to produce some sound!

I recently built a new PC using the Asus A7N8X-X motherboard. However, the sound from the back channel only came out of the left speaker. It did give a slight (trebley) noise out of the right speaker if I turned my amp all the way up.

So, that board was sent back. I recieved my new one today and installed it, only to find that it has exactly the same problem!

I have tried both computer-intended speakers and my own. I have also used headphones (which simply don't make any sound).

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Neil.

By the way the front channel audio doesn't work at all!

And how do I get rid of this England under my name? I'm Scottish!
    Neil, did you ever get any answer to this problem? I am having the same issue with one exception, my case has front connections also for audio and I can plug my speakers in there and they work. If you find anything could you please email me, edited by NooNoo to prevent spam Please use the boards email fucntion

. I have been looking all over for the solution and ASUS is totally non-responsive. Thanks
    Last edited by NooNoo; August 1st, 2004 at 08:49 AM.

Welcome to Windrivers jfacteau

Did you get a bios update?

Skip the manual is here it states it only supports 333 memory Atodini, there seems to be nothing in the manual about the switch you mention.
    Last edited by NooNoo; August 1st, 2004 at 09:09 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers jfacteau

Did you get a bios update?

Skip the manual is here it states it only supports 333 memory Atodini, there seems to be nothing in the manual about the switch you mention.
    Everything is up to date. My system memory are from the recommended list from ASUS. The only PCI card I have is a modem. BIOS is set to AUTO for sound

A7n8x

I am having similar audio issues as others here on the forum. I am only trying to get 2-channel audio using the on-board audio output. I get nothing. I have tried plugging the speakers into each of the outlets. The BIOS is set to auto.

I have looked and I did not see any jumpers on the board for the audio. I have tried loading the CD drivers as well as the updated drivers on line. I have even tried to install an aftermarket audio card but still could not get audio, the card is now removed. I have tried two sets of known good speakers so I know that is not the issue.

The only card in the computer is the video at this point.

Please help or I will need to get another board.

Thanks,

Cary

Welcome to Windrivers 7music7

In order to get two channel sound the speakers must be plugged into the green jack, the sound configuration in windows must be set to desktop stereo.

The drivers must be installed and there are no ? or ! in the device manager.

What windows are you using?
    Is the motherboard the exact same model as above?
    What make/model sound card did you try?
    Which slot did you put it in?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Welcome to Windrivers 7music7

In order to get two channel sound the speakers must be plugged into the green jack, the sound configuration in windows must be set to desktop stereo.

The drivers must be installed and there are no ? or ! in the device manager.

What windows are you using?
    Is the motherboard the exact same model as above?
    What make/model sound card did you try?
    Which slot did you put it in?
    NooNoo,

Thank you for your help. THe speakers are plugged into the green jack. When I go into Control Panel>sound and devices>Audio tab, it says that there is no playback device.
    There is no ? of ! in the device manager under sound, video and game controllers.

1. Windows XP Pro
    2. Yes, it is the A7N8X, just the basic board.
    3. A Pinnacle pro PCTV with video and sound. I would like to use the audio on the card and not use a soundcard at all, I only need 2-channel.
    4. I tried all slots that it would fit in.

Thanks,

Cary

What does the device manager say under sound?

What does the device manager say under sound?
    Under Device Manager is says:

Sound, Video and game controllers
    Audio codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers

Both of the items above state the "the device is working properly" when I open the file.

7music7 if that is ALL that is said under there, then the device is not installed...

The name of the audio drivers should be there - eg ac97 or Realtek ALC650 audio CODEC

The pctv pro is NOT a sound card, it just handles sound!

Either you have an unknown device in device manager - which would be your sound without the drivers, or you have disabled the sound in bios setup, or the sound is faulty and you need to return the boad if it's in warranty.

Asus A7n8x-x

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    You'll also want to use the nForce Tray Utility to define how you want your sound pushed out (5.1, or create a centre channel like I did since I'm too cheap to invest in 5.1).
    I'm following this cause its been three days and I can't get sound....what is the nforce tray utility?! Didn't come with the driver?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius_17
    Just dissconected the FPA connectors and put the factory jumpers back where they were...

Thank you John! I can't believe I even sent my original motherboard back!

You have no idea how long I have waited to get my PC working properly!

Thanks again, Neil.

What the heck does this mean! Please could someone walk me through this!!! B4 I go CrAzEeE!