How to make lower than 640 X 480 such as 480 X 300?

Thread: How to make lower than 640 X 480 such as 480 X 300?

Exclamation How to make lower than 640 X 480 such as 480 X 300?

right now I am using my tv as a monitor and it it difficult to read anything because the type is just too small, right now in the display I am at 640 X 480, and it won't go any lower, that is the last setting. I am hoping that there is a way to make it even lower for if there is not I will have to switch back to using my computer monitor instead of my tv.

Quote Originally Posted by porsche
    right now I am using my tv as a monitor and it it difficult to read anything because the type is just too small, right now in the display I am at 640 X 480, and it won't go any lower, that is the last setting. I am hoping that there is a way to make it even lower for if there is not I will have to switch back to using my computer monitor instead of my tv.
    TVs were not designed for PC use, and having a TV-Out on your graqphics card does not ensure that the output quality will come even close to what a budget monitor can do.

The refresh rates and resolutions are handled by the GPU when the signal is sent to a TV, so it's standard at a set resolution. Gaming will be OK, but word processing could be next to impossible.

The exception to the rule would be using an LCD TV, where the quality of the output would remain the same.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams