Windows XP Multiple Account problem

Thread: Windows XP Multiple Account problem

Angry Windows XP Multiple Account problem

I did some work on a PC over the weekend that had a severe virus and spyware infection. I had to install AVG, Spybot and remove several trojans. I also installed all the Windows Updates that had never been done.

The problem now is when the owner of the PC tries to signon as anyone other than the Administrator Account I did my work from, Windows will display "Loading your personal settings" then immediately change to "Saving your personal settings" and log the account off without even going to the desktop. I haven't had a chance to trouble-shoot this in person yet but I'm a bit lost as to what may have happened to cause this, especially when I only used the one Administrator Account.

Ideas, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Hamilton
    I did some work on a PC over the weekend ... I also installed all the Windows Updates that had never been done.

.. Windows will display "Loading your personal settings" then immediately change to "Saving your personal settings" and log the account off without even going to the desktop..
    Ideas, anyone?
    Funny, I had exactly the same problem this weekend as well on my server. Only one account, added new hard drive, moved system to new HDD, cycled between "loading personal settings"/"saving personal settings" on boot up. Tried everything, finally "upgraded XP" with CD and fixed the problem. Had to reactivate OS said "Cannot recognise activation code, corrupted"
    Jimmy