[RESOLVED] Problems with my Rockwell 56k modem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problems with my Rockwell 56k modem

Killa

Angry Problems with my Rockwell 56k modem

I have a Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem and i can never connect over 26,400...MY driver for the modem was 2.2.2 but i heard even though it is the newest one...that it might not be the best....so i downloaded driver i think 2.1.2.35...It still did no good..If someone has any solutions please let me know.....thanks :-)

jetman

Goto Control Panel
    Select Modem
    right click Properties
    check maximum speed
    should be 115200

then goto system select Device Manager
    then com port 1 or 2
    which ever is connected to modem (external)
    I assume . then properties and make it read 115200 bps

this should help i think

Jet
    Let me Know
    Check

Darren Wilson

Killa

What spec is the system you are running the modem on???

HCF modems are like the old USR Winmodems in that they are controllerless and take all their resources from the CPU. If your system is running a lot of background tasks then this also can cause this problem.

These modems should not really be allowed to be on sale due to these limitations.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ http://www.bivvyup.co.uk

DiamondTech

26.4 is also a tell tale sign of a "muxxed" or a split line, or a line with too many DAC on it. The fastest you will ever be able to get is 26.4 I have that problem from the office and at home.

jeff_smerdon

Quite a few people on this site are having probs with Rockwell. It's an HSP, as previous reply states, it uses CPU, the firmware is third rate at best. If poss change the modem to 3COM.

Rockwell now CONEXANT, www.conexant.com