I seem to be having problems with permissions on the 70-215 exam. As I have used some test software I seem to keep missing questions on what the effective permissions are when accessing a file remotely. I think I have figured out the problem but I would like for someone to verify or correct me. Here is my theory....There are two separate sets of permissions, share permissions and NTFS permissions, when accessing remotely the most restrictive is the effective permission. Okay here is where I have been losing it. I have been chosing the most restrictive permission on the list as the effective permission, however, maybe each set is cumulative and THEN the most restrictive permission between Share and NTFS is the effective one. For example, if NTFS permissions are read and modify then the permission to deal with is modify instead of read if they are cumulative, then if the share permission is full control then the most restrictive would be the NTFS modify permission.

If this is the case then I have totally missed it in my study materials. Other than this I have been been kicking the practice exams booty for the most part. Thanks to anyone who can help clear this up for me!