I want to install windows 98 upgrade, but a message pops up that says "This CD-ROM is from an older version of Windows than the one you are presently using. Setup functionality from this disk will be disabled.

I really want to install my windows upgrade because the add/remove functions can only be accessed with a disk and anytime I want to install hardware it says to insert the windows 98 CD, but when I do it says that its the wron one. I currently have either windows 98 SE or ME and would like to get rid it and have my old windows 98 upgrade installed so I can access add/remove functions and install new hardware.

One thing said was that if the win ME or win 98 SE was not in the add/remove list that I can not remove it. would I have to download a win 95 setup and install it in order to install my win 98 upgrade. If so where can I download it. I must install my win 98 upgrade and there must be a way to get around this problem some how. please help!!!! Worst case I would have to buy windows xp.