Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 170
Page 170 of 176 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    Cool beans all. Guess my Verizon woes have kept me away too much (and I still don't have a damned fix from them). I hope to be on tonight with AUM. I'm hoping that the even is ramping up again to something decent. I want to go to some decent zones we have not been to very much and hunt. Eden has some very nice mobs we could smash through very quickly.

BTW - I turned my difficulty slider up 2 ticks for giggles. I want more XP per mission.
    that would be where exactly that i would find this diff slider? can't recall ever seeing that...

i finally took bomb Jack out of the garage for a test spin after i respeced him, not bad, only problem now is the travelling as i rely solely on baddies to syphon their speed, which can be very difficult if i'm in a red zone but i like the damage i do now, and will more so later once there are more slots on 'em the heals right now at lv23 are doing 300 points a shot, not too shabby for transfusion . anyhoo, i'm on tonite probably later, catch me if you can.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    that would be where exactly that i would find this diff slider? can't recall ever seeing that...

i finally took bomb Jack out of the garage for a test spin after i respeced him, not bad, only problem now is the travelling as i rely solely on baddies to syphon their speed, which can be very difficult if i'm in a red zone but i like the damage i do now, and will more so later once there are more slots on 'em the heals right now at lv23 are doing 300 points a shot, not too shabby for transfusion . anyhoo, i'm on tonite probably later, catch me if you can.

You have to go see on of the hero corps guys located around the city. They offer to change is for a modest sum of inf.

I know one is behind atlas (or was it galaxy) city hall and there is another in talos under that big "bull guy" statue in the water.

As a side note, still no freakin resolution from verizon. Sigh. I couldn't get a signal at all last night and as it seems, I don't have a spare pci modem to use (I've got a spare isa 33.6 but no isa slots on the new mobo). Moan...
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; January 19th, 2005 at 10:21 AM.

There's also one in Steel Canyon in Blyde Square at the back side of the statue.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

so thats what those guys were for?! dang, i had it running rugged now and didn't even know there was a purpose
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

I'll be on tonight around 9PM.

I need suggestions for a good Pool powerset for a fire blaster... any ideas?

I already have Hasten / Superspeed and Hurdle / Health / Stamina for Fracas, and now find myself waiting for a good attack to open up - which isn't happening at level 24.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I'll be on tonight around 9PM.

I need suggestions for a good Pool powerset for a fire blaster... any ideas?

I already have Hasten / Superspeed and Hurdle / Health / Stamina for Fracas, and now find myself waiting for a good attack to open up - which isn't happening at level 24.
    TP friend comes in handy since only Aum and I have it as far as I know.

Slider info:

http://cohvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...s.Detail&id=67

My DSL is not totally pooped out today. verizon called and said they fixed it but i'm only logging in at 864/160 which sucks.

This morning a small group of us took down a lvl 45 snow lord. Not a ton of xp but nice consideering 2 people were lvl 50. Got some knd of badge.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; January 20th, 2005 at 11:35 AM.

I'm going straight to Invincible setting then with Stalemate and keeping Rugged for Fracas.

My DSL is not totally pooped out today. verizon called and said they fixed it but i'm only logging in at 864/160 which sucks.

This morning a small group of us took down a lvl 45 snow lord. Not a ton of xp but nice consideering 2 people were lvl 50. Got some knd of badge.
    Just the bragging right make up for it with the XP bonus.

I must have done 6 of them so far for the Snow Warrior badge and the Frozen Fury one. One is for defeating the Snow Lord and the other is for 100 Frostlings / Snow Beasts / Blights.

Meatwad - thanks for the tip about Teleport. It's on my short list.
    Last edited by a d e p t; January 20th, 2005 at 12:17 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Be on the lookout for Tom Climax, a Super Reflexes scrapper who is a potential recruit into the supergroup.

Please add him to your friends list and team with him if you can to see if he's not a complete jerk... which would be the only reason not to invite him, IMHO.

I only had time to chat with him a bit but I liked his behaviour and think his personality would mesh well with the existing membership.

Thanks to Aumakua for showing Stalemate the sights in Striga Island. It turned out the visit got us both the Atlas Medallion Accolade (+5 to Endurance max).

Tom Climax has been invited into the SG.

The construction sites in Galaxy City and Talos Island are very interesting.

The Abandoned Sewer Network = fun XP and a challenge.
    The Abandoned Sewer Trial = death and debt.

We should prepare adequately for it though and do it as a team. It looks like way too much fun to let it pass us by. I'll read up on it a bit to find some tactics. The Peace Keepers (Aurell, Rat Fink, brothermeliki...) were looking for a tanker recently to help them do this (Stalemeate was still 35 then), so we could be able to find extra people there if we need them.

How does Friday (Jan. 28) sound? 8:30 PM?

What's going on with GOW? With one or two exceptions, none of those toons have been active for 3-4 weeks. Doesn't do much good being part of a SG if its never active.

Funny experience yesterday with a complete idiot. Three of us on a door mission, one of which was this lvl 14 blaster (fire god1 - avoid him). Guy refused to pull and just rushed into mobs of vosh. Needless to say he got killed. After the second time, the rest of us were out of awakens and he's just lying there. We tell him to go to hospital. Still lying there. He's at kb, because he's still chatting. So I kick him from team. Later, I get killed and go to hospital. (Recruit new blaster and tanker on way back.) When I get back to mission door, this jerk is lying outside the door, dead.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    What's going on with GOW? With one or two exceptions, none of those toons have been active for 3-4 weeks. Doesn't do much good being part of a SG if its never active.

Funny experience yesterday with a complete idiot. Three of us on a door mission, one of which was this lvl 14 blaster (fire god1 - avoid him). Guy refused to pull and just rushed into mobs of vosh. Needless to say he got killed. After the second time, the rest of us were out of awakens and he's just lying there. We tell him to go to hospital. Still lying there. He's at kb, because he's still chatting. So I kick him from team. Later, I get killed and go to hospital. (Recruit new blaster and tanker on way back.) When I get back to mission door, this jerk is lying outside the door, dead.
    Sorry bout that Hud. I haven't been on at all much lately, and most of my time was with Buzz. If you're on and you see Buzzerbeater on (add me to your friends list), give me a tell and I'll get one of my GoW toons. When you get to 15 or 20 we'll get you popped into PoW where we usually play. GoW is kind of a leveling up training group.

Sorry bud. I have been looking for you when I've been on. I want to get you into POW asap so we can play with you and see when you are on. If you are on I will invite you and SK you with Aumakua or better yet one of the low level toons in POW so we can get you better XP and higher levels faster. I'm past halfway to lvl 39, the abandoned sewer network was groovy. Perhaps if we get the sewer trial with someone near our own level.

This goes for KYMERA too of you are still playing!!!!!! You need to be in POW.

I would also like to take this time to ask wholeheartedly for a powerlevel for Fanstasy Machine. I want to get him up to speed quickly and Miridian has a lvl 31 toon that works perfectly for PLing our alts. :-D TY to inept for hanging with FM.

Uun is lvl 15 (in GOW)
    Night Window is lvl 9 (not in SG)

No apologies needed. Just wondering if GOW was still in business. If I was lvl 38, I'm not sure I'd want to drag around a low lvl toon. Its good xp, but high risk of death (even as sk, most foes con orange or purple).

Uun is lvl 15 (in GOW)
    Night Window is lvl 9 (not in SG)

No apologies needed. Just wondering if GOW was still in business. If I was lvl 38, I'm not sure I'd want to drag around a low lvl toon. Its good xp, but high risk of death (even as sk, most foes con orange or purple).

That explains some things.

They con purple because we run my or whoever is the highest level toon's missions quite often and we SK "lowbies" to the lowest of the people in the groups at the time. This makes for excelent XP for your toon. Unfortunatly it makes a scrapper kind of a stand arond toon and it's boring. If you get bored standing or feel bad about it just get the SK to the highest level person. You'll get fewer XP but you'll stomp butt.

Exp works like this: lump all in, divide by # of xp levels in group total, divide, modify by level of toon to mob. I.E. if you and a level 34 SK's you with me running my missions at lvl 39+ then it's {XP/(38+34+33[your sk level])}/level mod. Well, that's how I think it works. But in the end if you SK to a toon lower than the baddies, you get more XP as long as you aren;t more than 8 levels below the baddies.

Anyway, lets get you into POW so we see you. BTW - any of our members are usually willing to suspend their needs for a little while to get you what you need. We have a growing # of people who do not post here that are really cool in game.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; January 24th, 2005 at 01:11 PM.