Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 171
Page 171 of 176 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

I think the issue is the difference in level between the sk and mentor. I don't remember the specifics, but it goes something like this: if the difference is more than 10 levels you end up 2 levels below; more than 20 levels you end up 3 levels below. So, if I sk a lvl 34, I fight at 31.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    I think the issue is the difference in level between the sk and mentor. I don't remember the specifics, but it goes something like this: if the difference is more than 10 levels you end up 2 levels below; more than 20 levels you end up 3 levels below. So, if I sk a lvl 34, I fight at 31.

There's that factor too. In this case it's getting you about 8-3 levels below the highest person.

I'm working on something really, really cool for the SG but it's top secret right now.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Here it is:
    DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIDEKICK’S
    SIDEKICK & MENTOR EFFECTIVE LEVEL
    5 to 10 levels Mentor Level -1
    11 to 25 levels Mentor Level -2
    26 to 40 levels Mentor Level -3
    41 or more levels Mentor Level -4
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

[grinding teeth] My DSL crapped out yet again, even after they capped me to 864/128 and swore the line was stable. [still grinding teeth]

On a positive note I beat "rachet and clank up your arsenal". Yeah that was a good game.

Yep, DSL is still down. Verizon will come out on Saturday. Yeah...

Can I get a pity party over here?

I'm gonna try to use my laptop's modem for dial up and enable internet sharing. I con only predict not spectacular results but if it's working, I'll be lagging with you at 9-10.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    Yep, DSL is still down. Verizon will come out on Saturday. Yeah...

Can I get a pity party over here?

Ty.

Different game (WoW, I'm guessing), but you can clearly see me on the left and my wife on the right.

Even the costume and the aura are similar...

I love Penny Arcade.

Those guys understand gamers.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

thanks to meatwad

A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU MEATWAD, (BUZZERBEATER) AND INEPT TOO

Buzz my son was thrilled yesterday when you played with him and inept... You made him laugh so hard. He found you very funny... (Like I do)

It was his first time on Team Speak too

I miss your humour Buzz since I dont play with you no more.... cause your working in the day

Well a big thanks again...

P.S. There is ice on the test server.
    Feared by Freaks and Rikti in Paragon City : They call her Tank Buster !

FARMING WINTER LORDS

I went from level 15 to 20 in one night hunting WL in teams in Perez. Your team gets XP in relation to how many people took down the beast so it's best to find WL when there are few folks and to have a high level in the party to wack the WL FAST before others get there.

I will not be around this weekend (until sunday night) but I think that if you have a low level that you want to get leveled FAST that this is the best thing going. Take a group of lowbies (levels do not matter with monsters, same XP to all) and get a high level to wack the monsters. All get massive XP.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    FARMING WINTER LORDS

I went from level 15 to 20 in one night hunting WL in teams in Perez. Your team gets XP in relation to how many people took down the beast so it's best to find WL when there are few folks and to have a high level in the party to wack the WL FAST before others get there.

I will not be around this weekend (until sunday night) but I think that if you have a low level that you want to get leveled FAST that this is the best thing going. Take a group of lowbies (levels do not matter with monsters, same XP to all) and get a high level to wack the monsters. All get massive XP.
    Second that. Lake in Perez is a WL factory. Have killed a few in Kings Park and Steel Canyon, but hunting is harder. Even if you're not part of a team, if you run across one and get a few hits in, you'll pick up good xp.

Learned my lesson last night about reading mission instructions before starting. Took on a door mission solo before seeing the bit about defusing two bombs simultaneously and the recommendation to bring a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Second that. Lake in Perez is a WL factory. Have killed a few in Kings Park and Steel Canyon, but hunting is harder. Even if you're not part of a team, if you run across one and get a few hits in, you'll pick up good xp.

Learned my lesson last night about reading mission instructions before starting. Took on a door mission solo before seeing the bit about defusing two bombs simultaneously and the recommendation to bring a friend.
    The lords give about 10K XP (with a maximum of 1/2 of your XP needed to level). That's good stuff divided up with only 5-6 people.

There are beasts in the normal areas now I think and I'm gonna see if I can get another lowbie up on sunday. Probably a dark/dark defender or a fire tank I have.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; January 28th, 2005 at 10:03 AM.

in reply to WL!! went from lv14 to 20 in just under 2 hours. it was early in the morning and we had a tight team going from spot to spot in hollows. count em boys, 6 lvs in 2 hours, that's 1 every 20 minutes

there is one drawback. you will probably have to respec after levelling so dang fast lol.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!