Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
Actually I think that you had a big hand in forming the SG too. We all had roles but it was work, though it was a labor of love. Is the base still up? I put a crapton of time into that...

I'll be back o odd nights when it goes free.

For me it was just too much time online vs spent with the wife and/or kids more than anything but now that the kids are out of the house I'm going to take a night or two and spend it playing again with the old team.

We kept your spandex tights on the hanger.

The base is up, and despite one ugly addition Gazoo made that I never bothered to fix it's remained identical. I couldn't bear to change anything and when we fused with Paragon Punishers (which is now the main SG) we started using their base for function (raid ready too, even has a maze that Karlik made), and PoW base remains where I'd rather hang out for inventing, chilling out.

With the advent of "red star" leader roles I was asked to handle that rank in SG leadership (basically equivalent to our Field Marshall idea) in all the Paragon Punisher / PoW SGs on Protector, Virtue and justice, but I'll be honest in saying my involvement in SG matters and SG promotion is much, much less than before.

Investing more time and resource while never being sure it was worth the effort kinda killed it for me, but there's still activity - even if it's more casual. I think this will actually fit your availability better.

These days, I'm more involved in maintaining the Protector Vigilance global channel with a couple more mods. It's become the official activity channel of the server, leaving Jello Shooters to cater to the 18+ chatters. There are still other channels, some with competing objectives now that they've seen our growth, but this just proves Protector is still quite alive and kicking.

I created a calendar where some of the regular event runners were invited as editors, and I'm now integrating it into a basic website that StarGeek (frequent Paragon Wiki contributor) is also experimenting with. Add a Twitter feed on top of that, the administration of a channel on Protector's Ventrilo server, and my casual maintaining of the Mentor Project and my soon-to-be-confirmed rejoining the Player Event Resource Committee, the coordination or promotion of various server events for other people, and yeah, I keep busy.

But despite all that my actual online presence has dwindled - not because I find the game no longer appeals, but because when I'm on the actual gaming time is always less than management and PR time. So if I can't solo in hidden mode, I'll refrain from logging in on those evenings where I need a break.