Page 157 of 176 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    A Stale, we will miss you!
    I'm out too. Buzz is only 33

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    A Stale, we will miss you!
    He's waiting to see how the changes will affect his powers.

I would have gone respec'ing with you guys if I'd been the appropriate level, just for the added bonus of having another respec saved up for a total of 2 (with the free one we're getting).
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

BTW, I will be playing tonight anyhow.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Poop, no stale. What you get for playing Fracas and 9 bazillion others. Nyaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    Poop, no stale. What you get for playing Fracas and 9 bazillion others. Nyaaaaaa!
    Guess it will just be Aum and me battlin' it out with the forces of evil tonight....
    Last edited by Carbonado; December 16th, 2004 at 03:57 PM.
    Me fail english, that's unpossible!

Actually, I played Fracas and a d e p t twice since Stalemate got to 32... And now tonight I'm debating whether to break out the tanker or the scrapper, 'cuz I need to feel heroic to counter this generalized feeling of "blah".

Had fun last night! Should be on now more cuz school is done.
    Me fail english, that's unpossible!

ILTU can tell you from his perspective, but I thought last night's "split-hunting" in Brickstown was amazing for XP.

Stalemate got 7 bars, levelled to 33, and so did Great Gazoo (34).

BTW, I think he may be interested in doing the respec with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymera
    I forgot to thank you for helping me out the other night. It was pretty cool. I'd never been to Brickstown before. I got schmoked though, but it was mostly my fault. I was engaged with a runner when my SK buddy moved out of range. I absorbed over 600pts of damage in one hit and as an 11th level controller that equals insta-death.
    Mmmm..... it was me that sk you with Pheonix Blue, my blaster lvl 19 I write in the team chat that I was going to a badge and tp you for you to get it... but when I arrive at the badge... you die I'm sorry... Maybe you never see my message ? This night btw, was not good to my taste... too much people that we dont know that my bro in law invited... was not good xp and no fun... the communication was not good either...

IT's better when we are too much players that we split up in 2 teams....

So I,m sorry again... and we will surely play together soon and it will be better...
    Last edited by Cassiopea; December 17th, 2004 at 10:07 AM.
    Feared by Freaks and Rikti in Paragon City : They call her Tank Buster !

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiopea
    This night btw, was not good to my taste... too much people that we dont know that my bro in law invited...
    actually...there was only one person we didn't know, the rest were from WD

i agree with the lack of communication, i took it for granted people were accustomed to the tank..and i think people who team with tanks have to start understanding the concept of tanking, herding, provoking also... players who do not wait for the signal to go ahead are asking for trouble, i know, i have a long history of a dying blaster, always wait till the baddies are under "tank" control more or less

what happens when the provoke misses one villain? it goes for someone else, so if that person is you then bring him back into the range of the tanker, DO NOT ever run away, he will surely follow, lead him back to where the action is... as a tanker i will NOT go out of the immediate circle of baddies as this will surely put more people at risk than that single foe out there running loose...

but always keep in mind, ur a$$ is ur a$$, its the same for a healer, is it his/her fault if we die? of course not, we should always play with a certain solo mindframe, meaning, if i do the same as when i solo, i will stay alive most of the time. i think most peolpe do their best to play the game, but things don't always go smoothly...

personally, i play my blaster with the idea that i will surely die, period...just 'cause he's a blaster, so when i die, it doesn't bring me down, or i don't wind up playing all stressed in fear of that death, same for my controller also, they're weak, that's all

its good to try different archtypes and experience the gameplay, that way when you team with someone, you are aware of the basics of that AT's build, solves a bunch of problems
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

ne 1 on 2nite? i got an itch that needs to be scratched
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

I ran into a similar situation with Graet Gazoo last night, where we spent some time discussing the Invulnerability powerset (he has it for Problem Child) and tanking in general.

In this case, I hadn't told him what I was doing, what the tactics were - and afterwards when everyone was on teamspeak I forgot to get back to the chat window to inform him properly, but this guy is very much a team player. He fits into our style of play almost perfectly.

We discussed some ideas, tried a few and then settled into a herding pattern where he would bubble up Stalemate (without me even asking once) and then follow up once I had herder 2-3 mobs with his uber powerful holds and pets. He could be as interesting as Aumakua once he gets another level or so. We ... well, OK, "I" mistakenly tanked some 38s when I was still at 32 and it was working well with those tactics. I can see what Cass and Aum were saying about Gazoo.

Keep an eye out for Cliodna (sp?), one of Aum's acquaintances. I think she's a kinetics defender. I'm getting all sorts of visions of Bomb Jack, Ajani and her megaboosting the team to take on some archvillains...

I'll be on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t

Keep an eye out for Cliodna (sp?), one of Aum's acquaintances. I think she's a kinetics defender. I'm getting all sorts of visions of Bomb Jack, Ajani and her megaboosting the team to take on some archvillains...

Have you guys seen them on? I never see them anymore which kinda blows.

Also, the hunting in different locations works well as long as the lower levels go to hunt lower level baddies.

We have to do that again soon so I can get your toons up to a higher level, I'm 36 now. Leveling with Aum is getting insane, he levels so fast.

Have you guys seen them on? I never see them anymore which kinda blows.

Also, the hunting in different locations works well as long as the lower levels go to hunt lower level baddies.

We have to do that again soon so I can get your toons up to a higher level, I'm 36 now. Leveling with Aum is getting insane, he levels so fast.
    crap, ive been outleveled again, gonna have to call in sick for a couple more days

btw, 4points has seemingly quit the SG, who was that masked hero anyways