Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 137
Page 137 of 176 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Perfect.

That means in 2005 the generals will be able to continue duoing like we did last night.

Eh, who needs blasters?

Not us anymore.

Hell, I soloed about 10 lvl 34 5th last night and once I hit 34, even more (the imps will do more damage 3 recharge, 1acc, 2 dmg). Also, after respec, if I grab leadership the imps (and you all) will be even more deadly. I dunno though, inviso is soooo nice. I love it so and would miss it.

Want some advice from a guy who Hero Planner'd his Invulnerability toon 7 times for respec?

Combat Jump and Acrobatics will definitely help for sure, but not as much as Unyelding Stance or Unstoppable would (my fav out of the 2 only anti-hold powers).

If you have Invincibility, 3-slot it with ToHit (more makes no difference). Mine is only 2-slotted and I can take on +4 mobs.

Personally, I came to the conclusion that Resist Elements was not all that useful, as the "elemental holds" are not seen as element-based attacks. BTW, electrical blasts are considered "energy". I took ResPhysDam and ResEner only because I had to. I put only 2 slots on those. Scrappers have it different though.
    Thanks Adept, for making me have to rethink this toon once again! I really appreciate your help! Grrrr.... Anyway, I've decided to focus more of my Enh in Invincibility and have gone away from strictly using non-end using powers. We must make our sacrifices. Thanks for the help.

Also, on the WoW front, I have read a bunch of reviews and they say its great. I have to admit I'm a lil tempted, only I don't have the initial $50 to shell out to buy the game. Maybe after christmas when the money isn't so tight I'll consider it, but for now, it's CoH for me.

I'm surrounded by frickin' fanboys.

J/K

Glad I could help/confuse.

Invincibility is the defining power in the Invulnerability set. I love it.

Even if I'm running Unstoppable I have it on. Those together with the passives (resists) reach the 90% cap easily. Like I said, my only slots on Invincibility are 3xToHit. On Unstoppable, I'll use Recharges to make it perma (4) and then maybe add DamRes later on. Keep in mind that Unstoppable requires Dull Pain (4 Rec, 1 Health, 1 EndRed) to be effective during combat.

I mean, what can happen once you aggro any mob of 4-5 individuals? They'll never hit you and on the other hand, you'll almost never miss with Invincibility's per mob defense/ToHit stacking.
    Last edited by a d e p t; November 30th, 2004 at 03:07 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I'm surrounded by frickin' fanboys.

J/K

Glad I could help/confuse.

Invincibility is the defining power in the Invulnerability set. I love it.

Even if I'm running Unstoppable I have it on. Those together with the passives (resists) reach the 90% cap easily. Like I said, my only slots on Invincibility are 3xToHit. On Unstoppable, I'll use Recharges to make it perma (4) and then maybe add DamRes later on. Keep in mind that Unstoppable requires Dull Pain (4 Rec, 1 Health, 1 EndRed) to be effective during combat.

I mean, what can happen once you aggro any mob of 4-5 individuals? They'll never hit you and on the other hand, you'll almost never miss with Invincibility's per mob defense/ToHit stacking.
    Sounds great. The only problem is that I don't get access to Unstoppable until lvl 38. Until I get that, I'll stack the slots on Dull Pain. Thanks again!

My pleasure.
    Last edited by a d e p t; November 30th, 2004 at 04:02 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Perfect.

That means in 2005 the generals will be able to continue duoing like we did last night.

Eh, who needs blasters?
    you have no idea what damage is untill you have a blaster showing you the error of your ways. they ARE the real thing man, u can do without, but you do alot faster with ................flame on!
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    you have no idea what damage is untill you have a blaster showing you the error of your ways. they ARE the real thing man, u can do without, but you do alot faster with ................flame on!
    Blasters are squishy.

Blasters Rule!

Full Auto is the bomb!
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Blasters Rule!

Full Auto is the bomb!
    I eat blasters for breakfast and right now I'm VERY hungry!

Hope some people will be on tonight. I will be there around 9-ish.
    Me fail english, that's unpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado

Movies tonight. Prolly not gonna be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    I'm gonna try. I need to hit 32. I'm so far behind everyone it ain't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I'm gonna try. I need to hit 32. I'm so far behind everyone it ain't funny.
    Can't be worse than, say, a tanker tring to reach 32. I got 2 bars over 31 so far.

I can't promise I'll be there, but if both you guys need XP the team should stay small. If I do show and you guys are already teamed up I'll stay out and get Fracas levelled to 16 solo.

Can't be worse than, say, a tanker tring to reach 32. I got 2 bars over 31 so far.

I can't promise I'll be there, but if both you guys need XP the team should stay small. If I do show and you guys are already teamed up I'll stay out and get Fracas levelled to 16 solo.
    3 people or less is a perfect team. Soon as you hit 4 the XP lowers due to the multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    3 people or less is a perfect team. Soon as you hit 4 the XP lowers due to the multiples.
    Exactly.

In fact, we should split up whenever we have 4 people on if we want the XP gain to be maximized.

Of course, better XP does not necessarily mean more fun overall, so personally I would do this only if/when we need to.