Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 104
Page 104 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I feel your pain dude.

I really do.

Been there.

Maybe we should crunch some numbers and see which method would be most efficient when the imps are available. I know Fatespinner with his pets has a whole clan running around. Maybe he could offer his opinion about that.

BTW, that TP now seems like it's actually challenging my SJ as fastest travel power.

Need to get superspeed!
    Yeah. But, they changed the imps from little flaming monkey scrappers to little flaming monkey tanks. They need either tactics or DMG SO's to boost damage so they are and effective as before (damage wise that is).

After math it seems a combo of dmg SO's and an recharge reduce on the imps with hasten provides the best damage potential. These times and damage types are all guesses.

Given a recharge time of 4 minutes and a base 20 per hit of the imps.

Hasten+2 RR+4 DMG
    Recharge: ((240*.42)*.77*).77= 60 sec
    Damage: ((((20*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)=63

Hasten+1 RR+1 ACC +4 DMG
    Recharge: ((240*.42)*.77*)= 78 sec
    Damage: ((((20*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)=63

Hasten+6 DMG
    Recharge: (240*.42)= 100 sec
    Damage: ((((20*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)=111

4 RR+2 DMG+Assault
    Recharge: ((((240*.42)*.77)*.77)*.77)*.77)= 84 sec
    Damage: (((20*1.33)*1.33)*1.1)=39

6 RR+Assault
    Recharge: ((((240*.42)*.77)*.77)*.77)*.77)*.77)*.77)= 65 sec
    Damage: (20**1.1)=22

The other difference would be that I'd get tactis too so there would be a 10% to hit bonus. So while running I'd be buffing the party by 10% acc and 10% dmg which would be nice. The other with hasten provides the shortest recharge times on the imps plus the shortest recharge time on the other powers I have. Further I get flurry and when 6 slotted does good damage. Guessing base 30 dmg ((((30*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)*1.33)=166 per hit 6 slotted dmg and with hasten it recharges like lightning and it costs little end.

Did I do the math right?

TP would be even faster if it wasn't for the lag. I swear it's worse since patch 2 but it could be perception.

Stalemate dropped Assault the first chance he got, as the entire Tactics pool benefits controllers and defenders much more than other classes (the bonus is lessened for the others).

I'm not going to do the math on this right now, but it looks like you know your stuff quite well, as usual.

Flurry opens up the Fighting pool for Aum also, and Tough looks like something interesting to have later on too.

Let's see. Leaping, Speed, Fitness, Presence... I guedd Stalemate won't be getting Flurry then!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Can someone post more details about the Halloween night Vampire Hunter badge?

I got in the test server at 7:15 and the.adept only saw people thanking CuppaJo, CoH dev and forum mod, for the announcement.

I got info on a toon that had it and the badge itself is wings on both sides of a nasty set of fangs.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Stalemate dropped Assault the first chance he got, as the entire Tactics pool benefits controllers and defenders much more than other classes (the bonus is lessened for the others).

I'm not going to do the math on this right now, but it looks like you know your stuff quite well, as usual.

Flurry opens up the Fighting pool for Aum also, and Tough looks like something interesting to have later on too.

Let's see. Leaping, Speed, Fitness, Presence... I guedd Stalemate won't be getting Flurry then!
    I actually had to do the math before I knew for sure. That and I'm assuming that hero planner stating that hasten is a 58% increase to your powers regeneration time. My mistake, says 58.8% for 2 minutes. Issue is that Warcry shows it as a 35% increase. Now, from my experience with it, it's seems like 58.8% Sigh...

Flurry is a part of hasten! You can grab it! But fromwhat I read, it looks like the damage is not spiffy until you slot the heck out of it and again, I don't know if any of those #'s were accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    ...Flurry is a part of hasten! You can grab it! ...
    No way!

I had missed that.

Since only the last 2 Energy Melee attacks deal high damage (and one at the expense of hit points), Flurry should fit right in with the other sub-par damage dealing attacks Stalemate already has.
    Last edited by a d e p t; October 27th, 2004 at 09:20 AM.

gee i remember a conversation not too long ago..."get flurry bro, if u slot the crap out of it, it will deal good dam..." = response..." nah, flurry sucks, its weak and does nothing ..."

hummm, could it be that i am not taken seriously enough bro?

flurry rocks, i have it on Citizen Senior. its a flurry of punches (as the name implies) and it mostly stops the villain from doing his attack also, since he's busy getting knocked around all this while your other attacks are recharging its a very good filler
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Halloween Event?

Here is what I was able to piece together.

The PCC event was on all servers in Atlas Park yesterday at 7PM Eastern, not just the test server.

AP went night time, clicking on a mission door (without a mission) would give a trick (mob of special Halloween foes) or treat (inspire or temp power - ex: rock throwing) at random, could click on a door every min or so.

New Badges:

"Buster"
    You have defeated 5 ghosts, who have not rested since their original death.

"Malleus"
    Defeat 20 witches, sorcerous crones who use dark magicks.

"Hunter"
    Defeat 5 vampires.

"Slayer"
    Defeat 5 "Halloween werewolves" (also counts on warwolves 5th badge count).

"Dead Head"
    Defeat #? of "Halloween zombies".

"Hallow Spirit"
    Defeat #? of pumpkin heads.

Screenshots here: http://games.eof.net/ashke/pictures/...ow/page_01.htm

Event lasted for about 20 mins. I came in as CuppaJo was leaving. She's still cool though.

It looks like this is going to be up and running also on October 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    gee i remember a conversation not too long ago..."get flurry bro, if u slot the crap out of it, it will deal good dam..." = response..." nah, flurry sucks, its weak and does nothing ..."

hummm, could it be that i am not taken seriously enough bro?

flurry rocks, i have it on Citizen Senior. its a flurry of punches (as the name implies) and it mostly stops the villain from doing his attack also, since he's busy getting knocked around all this while your other attacks are recharging its a very good filler
    I hear this mumbling, buzzing sound in the background of my conscious awareness...

Naaaaah. Must be imagining it.

Sorry bro.

As you can see, I thought it was the lame girly punch from the Fighting Pool.

Maybe SuperSpeed will have to wait a bit...
    Last edited by a d e p t; October 27th, 2004 at 10:55 AM.

hate to say it...BUT I TOLD YA!
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

tried to do 2 TFs last night (b4 we all met up) dang theres some inexperienced players even at lv19!!

both attempts failed, people were just bailing out. last 1 the leader deemed it good to stay at 6 players, only problems was there was no tanker, poor scrapper sure took a friggin' beatin' tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    hate to say it...BUT I TOLD YA!
    Yeah, I can hear all sorts of regret in your tone...

When you mention TF, are you referring to the TV (respec) one?

BTW, that Transmogrified badge rocks.

I'm going to make it my preferred badge to be displayed now.

I'm back at work today.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I'm back at work today.

Seriously, feeling any better?

I'm not... head feels like it's in a vise.

Yeah, I can hear all sorts of regret in your tone...

When you mention TF, are you referring to the TV (respec) one?

BTW, that Transmogrified badge rocks.

I'm going to make it my preferred badge to be displayed now.
    what badge??

Transmogrified - for respec.

The badge listing I read mentions that this is the one issued when you respec your toon.

So were you doing the TV Respec Trial with those n00bs you mentioned?