Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

I have (in addition to Jamez Hetfield) I have another character I'm working on. His name is JohnnyStorm. Right now he's a lvl2 mutation blaster. I'll post more details later about him later, but he's based on the Human Torch from Fantastic Four so his powers are similar and he looks similar.

But anyway... I was thinking of forming a new Super Group by the weekend. I even have a name for it,.. "Wicked And Ruthless" (W.A.R.). Anyone interested in joining up? I'm not going to bother with it unless we have some interested peeps. Plus I have to lvl up JohnnyStorm to 10 I think before I can actually go do it. But anyway,.. the SG name popped into my head so I figured I'd run it past you guys for thoughts and comments. This SG idea will be exclusive for WD members who play CoH.
    Hello World

That sounds good for the supergroup. I'm in. With a tank, a controller and a fire blaster we have a core for the group. If a Mr. Meatwad started a low level we could have something going.

I just got my 6th level with my new guy and I've played a total of a few hours with him. I just got smoke so that combined with fire rings leaves the enemy, blind and frozen in place while u run up with a force field on and destroy them. Also, I'm not trashing my old character, I'm just putting her on hold for a little while (she does so much damage).
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; July 28th, 2004 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    But anyway... I was thinking of forming a new Super Group by the weekend. I even have a name for it,.. "Wicked And Ruthless" (W.A.R.).
    Cool! You'll have the same acronym as my clan.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    That sounds good for the supergroup. I'm in. With a tank, a controller and a fire blaster we have a core for the group. If a Mr. Meatwad started a low level we could have something going.

I just got my 6th level with my new guy and I've played a total of a few hours with him. I just got smoke so that combined with fire rings leaves the enemy, blind and frozen in place while u run up with a force field on and destroy them. Also, I'm not trashing my old character, I'm just putting her on hold for a little while (she does so much damage).
    Cool,.. then it's settled. W.A.R. it is (sorry to steal your acronym Silencio ). I'll start the SG by this weekend (I'm at lvl 6 now, I should reach 10 by this weekend I think). Perhaps Io Dinah (meatwad) could be in the SG? Just a thought.

And on another note,.. I just got Raining Blood up to lvl 24 last night. Paid a hefty price in debt for it though as I got killed 2 times in a row during a showdown at the end of my last mission. Now I got around 5500 in debt to work off. And still haven't gotten Nova (hopefully by lvl 28 for that).

Should be interesting juggling 2 blaster characters. JohnnyStorm is gonna be a bada$$. I can tell already. RB is already a bada$$, but I'm getting bored with his powers. I'm gonna have to find a way to lvl up a bit faster so I can get that Nova.

So uh,.. Hey Adept, I have yet to see you online. Hows the game going for you? You like? Dislike? Cool? Not cool? Give me all the details buddy!
    Hello World

Cool. I'll create a defender. This is protector right?

Yes, protector.

Webby- update the front page with the new characters.

Oh, BTW - I'm on tonight from 6pm - 2am EST. Rule is, whenever we complete a mission, we drink. It's been a rough day...

Side note, I have a 5th level defender with psionics and empathy so I can begin to build her up in case we need another healer. After I hit about 15th or so, my bubbles should be to the point where they protect us so much we may not need more than 1 healer no matter what we take on.

Cool. I'll get the first post updated tonight with all the new character names. I'll highlight the character names of those who decide to join up on this Windrivers members SG.

It's really starting to look like this is gonna need a dedicated webpage. I guess I know what I'll be working on this weekend.

I'll prolly get online at about 6pm pst with JohnnyStorm, then later try and work off some of Raining Blood's debt.

And yeah,.. that would be cool Silencio. What kind of Defender are you planning on creating? Are you sure you want to be a Defender? It would be nice to have as many blasters as possible in addition to the tanker, controller.
    Last edited by WebHead; July 28th, 2004 at 03:00 PM.
    Hello World

Ya need any special type of character? The only guy I have right now is a lvl 15 Blaster, but ive been thinking about starting a new one...
    W

I just created war.Kurtz on protector. He's a ff def. I thought about a blaster but i've already got a couple.. I'll be on later.

Here's my vision of a superior team (based on some strategy I've read and my own personal experience)...

1-2 Tankers: I kinda like the idea of 2 tankers to keep heavy aggro going in one spot so the villains don't start wandering around sneaking up on people.

1 scrapper: Someone to help out with the melee. The tankers will keep heavy aggro in the middle, but scrapper deals more melee damage and can significantly help chop down LT's/Bosses. Also a scrapper is important to aggro any potential villains that are coming up on a defender.

2 blasters: Blasters have vision and can see the fight and deal punishment from range. Blasters will be a big part of pulling villains from a large high lvl mob.

1 controller: Enemies that can't move are much easier to destroy.

1-2 Defenders: I like the idea of having a defender near the point of heaviest aggro healing tankers/scrappers and one in back healing blasters/controllers.

That combination forms (imo) a perfect 8 man team.
    Hello World

Thats a good team. Tankers and scrappers are interchangable though and I'd rather have 1 tank, 1 scrap and an extra blaster mixed in so the enemies drop like flies. I'm on as Aumakua for most of tonight.

Can't make it tonight... I wish I could have been so Stalemate's level 9 could have been upped a bit.

I added that power where all the team members benefit from extra damage.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

This game is impressing the heck out of me. Honestly, the last time I enjoyed a game so much was with Quake 3.

I teamed up for my last 2 missions and really appreciated having a healer back me up when I was wading into the action.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Got JohnnyStorm up to lvl 9 tonight. Should be no problem to lvl up to 10 tomorrow and get that SG started. I'm thinking of calling it "Hammers of Justice" instead. Thoughts?

It's amazing how much attention you get when your character is one of the members of the Fantastic Four. I have gotten soooo many team invites, SG invites and people "tell"ing me stuff. "Johnny Storm is cool!" You know, stuff like that. I even had these two characters ask me to help them with a RP video they are making. They filmed me blasting some villains and talking to Dr Doom and stuff. Trip out! I'll see if I can get permission to link the video here. They have something started already and it's pretty damn cool.

Anyway,... thats my update for the hour. Cya on the battlegrounds.
    Hello World

Jeeze, I just made lvl 7. But, my bubbles have 4 slots now so whoever is with me is gonna have a great time not getting hit. When were you on? I didn't see you anywhere.

Sil was on with his wife. She's got a good fire blaster and he's got a defender. Both 6th.