Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 160
Page 160 of 176 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I think so, if this is an exaggeration:

If I try the plan I listed previously about which powers to switch around and slot differently. I'm considering myself luck that the only viable Invulnerability tanker build available after Issue 3 is very close to what I want. Others aren't so lucky at all.

Trouble is, until Unstoppable is made perma (4 Rec min.) it is fatally dangerous. That will be resolved with Issue 3's removal of even the possibility of perma.

I'll most likely have to get Unyielding (not as powerful), Invincibility (nerfed too AND higher End cost) to and Temp. Invulnerability (third End draining toggle) coupled with Tough Hide and some passive resists to just barely reach the same caps I had before. I may have to get Acrobatics again for the Def. buff too.

That means much less slots for my attacks, and much less ability to solo.

Herding *might* still be possible under some circumstances, but ranged attacks (even within melee range) will be hard to deal with after Issue 3.

And I think I can forget all about tanking anything +6 anymore, +2 is going to be a challenge enough.
    If you have Unyielding on I'm guessing you don't need Acrobatics. Can you keep temp invuln or invinc on at the same time as unyeilding?

And yes, I saw the same issue, you may have to take all the non toggles and slot them heavily. So, you may not have as many slots for all the attacks and perma hasten may go away.

Luckily - you have a controller and 2 blasters who love having you around that will be more than happy to work with you. Also, the most difficult part is getting stale to be acceptable when you exemplar him. Getting all his powers in is a snap but getting them is any decent order requires a feat of great intilect. I think you'll be OK.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; December 22nd, 2004 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    If you have Unyielding on I'm guessing you don't need Acrobatics. Can you keep temp invuln or invinc on at the same time as unyeilding?

And yes, I saw the same issue, you may have to take all the non toggles and slot them heavily. So, you may not have as many slots for all the attacks and perma hasten may go away.

Luckily - you have a controller and 2 blasters who love having you around that will be more than happy to work with you. Also, the most difficult part is getting stale to be acceptable when you exemplar him. Getting all his powers in is a snap but getting them is any decent order requires a feat of great intilect. I think you'll be OK.
    Ah crap... exemplaring...

I've been reading up this PM - slow day... office is almost empty...

The 3 toggles can all run at the same time, but their defensive value - either against avoiding being hit or against damage - has been reduced. The new Unyielding actually lowers def. by 5%, while Invincibility defense will no longer stack to reach the resistance cap AND no longer protects against ranged attacks.

[sarcasm] And we all know there are no ranged attacks whatsoever at all in later levels... [/sarcasm]

Did I mention the added end drain on both of those also? And the bonus to accuracy goven by slotting Invincibility with ToHit enhancements is practically gone.

Slots in Primary powers will have to be given to Endurance Reductions, limiting the amount of Defense and/or Damage Reduction enhancements and preventnig reaching the 90% cap on both def. and resists.

Slots in Secondary powers will be reduced in number and most likely require Accuracy to be slotted now, meaning that from attacks 6-slotted with Damage Stale will now most likely have 3-4 slotted attacks with Accuracy and/or Damage and/or Endurance Reductions slotted instead.

[sarcasm]Luckily, tankers get an increased damage potential in Issue 3, meaning Stale can probably do just about the same amount of damage... If it weren't for the fact that Hasten will likely be a thing of the past and that Endurance will have to be used sparingly to keep the primaries up.[/sarcasm]

A guy who plays an Inv/SS tank on the CoH boards rounded it off nicely:

After testing the changes to Invulnerability and then Respec-ing for those changes the one glaring problem is that you have to take all of Invulnerability, Fitness (to run 3 endurance hogging toggles), your generally useless first Attack Power, your 2 Travel Set powers, and of course Taunt, because that is what you do (or so I am told by non-Tankers). That's 15 powers and you still only have Jab to attack with. That dosen't leave room for variation and will result in Cookie-Cutter Characters. No more Roleplay with Invulnerability.
    There are people who are skipping travel powers entirely, just to make their toon survive.

I really hope the devs are paying attention.
    Last edited by a d e p t; December 22nd, 2004 at 04:34 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I do appreciate the assistance from the team ups and especially from the SG for Stalemate, but my gaming time is about to be decreased significantly (if temporarily) in the upcoming months, which means there is very little chance he'll still be useful to anyone by then.

I do hope I can get him to 34 before Issue 3 is out to assist you guys with the respec next week and gain one at the same time so then I'll have at least one respec available - and possibly another (unless it has finally been made available only in the Training Room).
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Another note:

Tough Hide (Primary) will be required, as will Boxing/Tough/Weave (Fighting Pool - new) and probably Acrobatics (Leaping Pool - currently in use) just to give Stalemate some defense and resistance against ranged attacks.

Sadly, even 6-slotting the passive Resist Phys. Dam, Resist Energies and Resist Elements won't cut it with the new numbers.

Well, I know I'm a bit late to all of this, but got CoH yesterday. I'm on Protector as Uun, a mutant/scrapper. Only up to L3 or so though.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Well, I know I'm a bit late to all of this, but got CoH yesterday. I'm on Protector as Uun, a mutant/scrapper. Only up to L3 or so though.
    Welcome aboard!

I'll try to hook up with you this evening if you're on.

Otherwise, someone please invite Uun into Ghosts of War ASAP.

Will you need a Teamspeak account right away?

Welcome aboard!

I'll try to hook up with you this evening if you're on.

Otherwise, someone please invite Uun into Ghosts of War ASAP.

Will you need a Teamspeak account right away?
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't think I need a teamspeak account just yet, particularly since I am currently w/o a microphone (switched monitors w/ the kids computer - the mic was built in).
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Cool.

Let me know when you want a hook up. The whole gang is pretty much all using it.

What time will you be on?

Sorry I had to bail out on you guys last night.

It was great meeting Uun also.

You seemed to be enjoying yourself out there, hudsonsmith.

As a newly enlisted recruit in the Ghosts of War supergroup, your first task is simple: just read this entire thread.

It doubles as an initiation.

I had a good time, but there were definitely a few times a felt like somebody's kid brother trying to keep up. Have to thank everyone for being patient.

I had a good time, but there were definitely a few times a felt like somebody's kid brother trying to keep up. Have to thank everyone for being patient.
    After you hit level 10 and have a few more powers under your belt, you're usually in the full swing of things.

That was you on at 1am last night! I'll put you on all the friends lists and I'll get one of the big guys out to give you some decent INF to get you started right.

As a newly enlisted recruit in the Ghosts of War supergroup, your first task is simple: just read this entire thread.

It doubles as an initiation.
    hudsonsmith -this might be easier for you:

coh.warcry.com is a huge help.

Go get the hero planner and plan your guy out before you get too high level - this helps a ton.
    http://coh.warcry.com/index.php/cont...eroplanner.php

Adding the map pack to show all stores, contacts, etc is really helpful too.
    http://coh.mapfiend.net/mappack.php

Go get the hero planner and plan your guy out before you get too high level - this helps a ton.

Thanks muchly. I'll have to check it out when I get home - office firewall has that site blocked.

Oh suuuuuuuure - give him all the good stuff right away!

Didn't even have time for a good hazing.