Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 174
Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate
    Phantoms of War Friday Night After Hours Party
    Ah! That explains much! I'll have to remember to break out the Carolan's on Friday nights, before going online!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

This week there appears to be a clash of 2 events: Eden Trial and Striga Island Task Froce (mebbe).

Register at PoW website to sign up on the calendar once your toons reach "legal" age.

BTW, if you use Teamspeak, let ILTU know so he can create an account for you.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Register at PoW website to sign up on the calendar once your toons reach "legal" age.
    It will be so nice when I don't have to hang out at the liqour store and ask college kids to buy them beer. You can bet I'll sign up as soon as Uber gets to that magic level.

BTW, if you use Teamspeak, let ILTU know so he can create an account for you.
    My boys had me install TeamSpeak for them, but I have never used it myself. Guess I'll have to look into it now!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

You'll get the priviledge of hearing me crunch away on Doritos Dill-icious.

An auditory treat indeed.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I can hardly wait to learn how to use Teamspeak, so I can hear digitally rendered munching whilst I lay the smackdown on some villains!

If you know how to talk, then listen, you already know how to use Teamspeak.

It gets really good when ILTU starts singing.

Ah! Inebriated singers and Doritos munching! Truly a smorgasbord of auditory delights!

But in order to use TeamSpeak you must have w00tradio playing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    But in order to use TeamSpeak you must have w00tradio playing in the background.

True. It is mandatory.

I stand corrected.

Thanks meatwad.

Big Event tonight on Protector server
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDad
    Big Event tonight on Protector server

It was huuuuuuuuge fun.

Millions in influence were distributed.

The Praesidium Coalition Herolympics event, an alliance the Phantoms of War founded along with 2 other supergroups which now has 13 member SGs. 7 heroic events ran from 1:30 PM until about 10PM.

The event was announced on the official CoH website News page.

W00t Radio was involved on Friday and almost all day Saturday.

Vidiotmaps (badge-hunter's dream website) also got in on the action.

A Cryptic representative, CuppaJo, apologized for not making it and asked when the next one was going to be held so she could schedule it already.

Unhappy

Okay, do you know what happened last night, Stalemate? There I was, merrily bashing baddies with my lvl 15 Tank in the Hollows, when I lost connection to Map Server a couple of seconds before finishing the mish.

The I see half the servers were down! Can't get back on!

Did the hacker strike again, or was there just a ton of traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    Okay, do you know what happened last night, Stalemate? There I was, merrily bashing baddies with my lvl 15 Tank in the Hollows, when I lost connection to Map Server a couple of seconds before finishing the mish.

The I see half the servers were down! Can't get back on!

Did the hacker strike again, or was there just a ton of traffic?

Happened to half the servers.

CuppaJo reported connectivity problems, so not likely a hacker incident this time.

BTW, did you know that a member of the Praesidium coalition fed info about the hacker last time to the devs? Turned out to be a 14-year Canadian old script kiddie...

Angry

BTW, did you know that a member of the Praesidium coalition fed info about the hacker last time to the devs? Turned out to be a 14-year Canadian old script kiddie...
    14 years old!?! Arrgh! If it was my kid, I would have to break my rule against corporal punishment after school age and blister their rear end! Then, their PC and all of their electronics would be mine!

Good for the coalition, that a member was able to help uncover the culprit.

Bought a new gaming machine, so my old box went to the youngest lad. He decided to set up his own accounts for CoH and CoV, but discovered, much to his dismay, that toons cannot be transferred between accounts.

Oh well, it will be fun playing as a team while he rebuilds his favorite toons back up from scratch.