Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 24
Page 24 of 176 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

One thing about the book: Don't read it from page 1 through to the end. You'll fall asleep with all the descriptions you may not care about and all the math formulas, etc. Just refer to the parts you need. Read up on the character you are using. Check out his power set,.. maybe the differences in archetypes, how they are used best in a team situation, etc. Flip through the pages and check out the parts that interest you. Maybe take a look at the maps. It just gives you an insight to stuff you might be curious about.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I was under the impression - after reading up on enhancement combining - that the + referred to the effective level the enhancement was operating at.

A 15++ or a 16+ would both then be equivalent to a 17.

I'm guessing that's not what you understood then?

I'm leaving for now, but I'll check back in before CoH time.

Thanks for your tips d00d.
    See,.. thats the thing. It really all depends. As far as 15++ or 16+ = 17,.. honestly I would need to read up more on that to know exactly for sure. Based on what i read, it's always better to have a ++.
    Hello World

Got the guide and I found it very interesting at first glance.

According to the tips they offer, I went instead with Dull Pain as my lvl 14 power, and I appreciated it... too late during that first zombie bout where we got our a$$es handed to us in a carefully wrapped gift package.

If I had paid closer attention to my HPs, I could have used that power to bring it back up by about 150-200 points, instead of going into debt.

Thanks for the assist again.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

CoH Sidekick

Description:

* Color Namer - to help color-blind players(or anyone else) choose their
    costume colors. Includes screenshot of default character with color applied!

* Emblems - simply to help players choose a costume/supergroup emblem
    outside of the game

* Store Info - a printable list of available stores sorted by origin type

* Maps! - clear printable maps of every zone with store locations

* More content will be added... so look for updates

Version: | Filesize: 10.60 MB
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Got the guide and I found it very interesting at first glance.

According to the tips they offer, I went instead with Dull Pain as my lvl 14 power, and I appreciated it... too late during that first zombie bout where we got our a$$es handed to us in a carefully wrapped gift package.

If I had paid closer attention to my HPs, I could have used that power to bring it back up by about 150-200 points, instead of going into debt.

Thanks for the assist again.
    Sweetness! Yeah Dull Pain was one of the first powers I got for my tanker.
    Hello World

I'll get Resist Energy at 16 and think some more about pools for 18 and 20.

The only problem I see with this game...

...is that I need to schedule my time on it now, since my wife, son and daughter all want to get in on the action too!

Oh yeah, and have an actual life too.

Have to go, my wife's turn now.

Crap.

Had to leave in a hurry before things got interesting with Aumakua and another player... AND I lost that cool screencap of me on the Steel Canyon statue when Buzzerbeater TPed me on it.

Oh well, there's always next weekend.

On Training, DO's and SO's.

I have found the book to be almost useless on this so I did some looking about.

When you combine enhancements and get a + or ++ it just means 1 or 2 levels higher than the # shown on the enhancement. I have read but can not confirm thet the % bonus an enhavement adds to you is higher when green and lower when yellow or white and non existant when red but the % differences are small.

In general:

Training = 8%
    DO = 16%
    SO = 33%

When reading on whether to slot with damage and/or accuracy for blasters, tanks, scrap, etc. the recommended was to use mostly damage and only 1 or 2 acc. For miss dynamo I have multiple powers 6 slotted and I use 2 acc and 4 dmg.

Also, I do not combine anymore unless the mission is long and I'm maxed out and I'll be getting more droped enhancements. The sale price of the droped items far outweighs the benefits of the combinations (which is almost nill). Aumakua has over 50,000 inf and has many things slotted with DO's (about 8). Of course, I gave 18,000 to myself from dynamo via Adepts help.

Thanks for the comments, ILTU.

That's a good tip about enhancements - selling instead of combining. Makes for more trips to trainers, but more infleunce in the end, so it's worth it.

I feel an apology is in order to Meatwad.

He was playing Io Dinah this weekend, and we selected a door mission of mine which turned out to be ridiculously hard for our group. I was level 14, so was a guest blaster (who died 7 times at least), but the other members had to be sidekicked since their levels were lower.. resulting in a very weak group where Io Dinah spent most of her time running around desperately trying to heal us, dealing with rather incompetent gamers (healer acting like a scrapper, blaster getting too close too action, etc.), and generally trying not to go into too much debt herself.

Luckily enough, things turned around when inept's blaster joined up - as well as the recruiting of higher levels friend who were willing to help out (I'd teamed with one before - nice guy, that BioKnife, working with us for no XP at all) and the zombies got their due finally.

I've added inept's blaster, Major Blaze, to the Ghosts of War supergroup. He's working on this thing so much he'll probably catch up to my level 15 by tomorrow.

Not a bad weekend.

Thanks for the comments, ILTU.

That's a good tip about enhancements - selling instead of combining. Makes for more trips to trainers, but more infleunce in the end, so it's worth it.

I feel an apology is in order to Meatwad.

He was playing Io Dinah this weekend, and we selected a door mission of mine which turned out to be ridiculously hard for our group. I was level 14, so was a guest blaster (who died 7 times at least), but the other members had to be sidekicked since their levels were lower.. resulting in a very weak group where Io Dinah spent most of her time running around desperately trying to heal us, dealing with rather incompetent gamers (healer acting like a scrapper, blaster getting too close too action, etc.), and generally trying not to go into too much debt herself.

Luckily enough, things turned around when inept's blaster joined up - as well as the recruiting of higher levels friend who were willing to help out (I'd teamed with one before - nice guy, that BioKnife, working with us for no XP at all) and the zombies got their due finally.

I've added inept's blaster, Major Blaze, to the Ghosts of War supergroup. He's working on this thing so much he'll probably catch up to my level 15 by tomorrow.

Not a bad weekend.
    No apology required. I get cranky easily lately.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    No apology required. I get cranky easily lately.

Honestly, I didn't notice that much of a "bad mood" vibe from you - just exasperation which I think we all suffered from during that mission.

Well, except maybe for that guest blaster, who appeared to actually enjoy running an XP debt over 5000 points.

I'm hoping to get my new character lvled quickly to catch up. I'm tired of being a slow azz tanker with the same ol' boring powers. This new scrapper I am working on is awesome. Magic Kitana scrapper. Tonight,.. if one of you LT's are online,.. perhaps I could get this guy invited to the SG? I've got him up to lvl 9 so far,.. and prolly get him to 10 tonight. Once I hit lvl 10, then I could prolly team with you guys with this one as long as someone is willing to SK me.

Anyway,.. I haven't completely ditched Jamez yet just so you all know. I just wanted something with a little more flavor. Plus,.. I also have my lvl 24 blaster waiting around patiently. We sure have a wide spectrum of character on this SG.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I'm hoping to get my new character lvled quickly to catch up. I'm tired of being a slow azz tanker with the same ol' boring powers. This new scrapper I am working on is awesome. Magic Kitana scrapper. Tonight,.. if one of you LT's are online,.. perhaps I could get this guy invited to the SG? I've got him up to lvl 9 so far,.. and prolly get him to 10 tonight. Once I hit lvl 10, then I could prolly team with you guys with this one as long as someone is willing to SK me.

Anyway,.. I haven't completely ditched Jamez yet just so you all know. I just wanted something with a little more flavor. Plus,.. I also have my lvl 24 blaster waiting around patiently. We sure have a wide spectrum of character on this SG.
    Hehe.

Less competition for Stalemate v.6 in the tanker arena.

I read that tankers started to really shine at about level 24, so it's going to take me a while to get him up there...

J/K about your tanker,Wrrby, I think Jamez is a definite asset, but more offense would also be appreciated in the SG. ASMOF, that's why I invited inept's MAjor Blaze into the SG right away, even if he's just lvl 10.

I can't believe I didn't think about inviting your character last night when you got in touch with me. Sorry about that. I might pop in tonight, so if it's not done yet I'll do it.

Hehe.

Less competition for Stalemate v.6 in the tanker arena.

I read that tankers started to really shine at about level 24, so it's going to take me a while to get him up there...

J/K about your tanker,Wrrby, I think Jamez is a definite asset, but more offense would also be appreciated in the SG. ASMOF, that's why I invited inept's MAjor Blaze into the SG right away, even if he's just lvl 10.

I can't believe I didn't think about inviting your character last night when you got in touch with me. Sorry about that. I might pop in tonight, so if it's not done yet I'll do it.
    I agree about needing more offense. Thats part of why I created this new guy. Plus once we all start hitting the 20+ lvl, then I will bust out my Blaster who has been waiting patiently.

And thats ok about the invite. I was going to ask, but figured it was not a rush until I lvled to 10-11ish anyway. Plus I think I would've had to travel far to get to where you were at for the invite. So no biggie.
    Hello World