Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    You're family must be proud.
    You just sit there and SHHHH!!!
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Buy it at an EB (if you guys have them or go online) That will save you $10US. If you pay monthly you can cancel anytime. So it will have been $40 for the first month. You can worry about the $15/month after that. Save your change.
    There's an EB close to where I work, and Futureshop also carries it (for 60$ CAN), so that's not a problem.

I need to find a reason to exlpain to my Finance Minister / wife how 15$/month afterwards is worthwhile.

I've already gone through the following:
    • Both my son and I will play it. My daughter could be joining also if she'S interested.
    • Summertime is upon us, kids are out of school, my vacation is coming up, etc...
    • New content added in future, Villains City coming up, progressing characters.

In the end, if I need to use executive power, I will.

I'd just prefer to convince her that it's a good investment.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    There's an EB close to where I work, and Futureshop also carries it (for 60$ CAN), so that's not a problem.

I need to find a reason to exlpain to my Finance Minister / wife how 15$/month afterwards is worthwhile.

I've already gone through the following:
    • Both my son and I will play it. My daughter could be joining also if she'S interested.
    • Summertime is upon us, kids are out of school, my vacation is coming up, etc...
    • New content added in future, Villains City coming up, progressing characters.

In the end, if I need to use executive power, I will.

I'd just prefer to convince her that it's a good investment.
    Get rid of cable TV and go entirely online for entertainment!
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Get rid of cable TV and go entirely online for entertainment!
    I like where you're going with this...

Tell me more.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

$50 for the game
    $15 per/month for the service fee

The smiles on your kids faces while they enjoy SMASKing villains for hours and hours of non-stop entertainment? Priceless.

It's a small investment for the amount of fun and joy it will bring to your family. A lifetime of memories and an experience that will allow your family to bond together to SMASK. You'll look back one day and think, "I remember playing CoH with my kids and how much togetherness and love we felt. Oh, and the SmasKing. The SMASKING!! 1111".
    Hello World

She says it's because I just want to run around in tights and can't do it in real life, so I'd do it there instead.

I think she's developping quite a sense of humour.

I don't know which is worse,.. you wanting to run around wearing tights, or me wanting to wear Spider-Man web shooters to work.
    Hello World

I don't really want to wear tights, it's a joke, you see.

Why, you really want to bring that plastic, kiddie, cereal box toy to work ?

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    She says it's because I just want to run around in tights and can't do it in real life, so I'd do it there instead.

I think she's developping quite a sense of humour.

lol
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

1st Update Coming To Live Servers!
    Thursday, June 17, 2004

Download It Early!

Hello Heroes!

The "Through the Looking Glass" (Features Update #1) Content is now available for download prior to being released on the live servers. So give yourself a head start!

The download will begin after you exit your play session rather than prior to entering the game, and is purely optional – you can cancel at anytime.

It’s important to note that you won’t be able to see or experience the "Through The Looking Glass" content until it has been officially released on the live servers, but receiving it ahead of time will allow you to play right away (once the content is available), instead of waiting for a large patch to download.

Remember – you can cancel the download at anytime. Your progress will be saved and you can resume downloading the content the next time you’re done playing City of Heroes.

Please visit our Features Update Page to get the full details on what's included in "Through the Looking Glass!"

Yeah, I saw that last night, looks pretty cool, but it was too late to download the 128mb or whatever it was so I'll grab it tonight.
    Hello World

Banned
    Yeah, it is basically putting in the next 10 levels that they didn't have a chance to put in during the release

More here: http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20040531

Just click "next" for the rest of the arc.

Holy crap! This is Cleethor and I when we first teamed with Darkstar.

Hello World

I'm sure you could sue for copyright infringement.