Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 49
Page 49 of 176 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead

Btw,.. just to clear up that little ordeal yesterday:
    I spy a great big mob of freakshows. But before we go to them, we defeat a couple of smaller mobs. Then I go up there. First thing I see is a couple of lvl 20-21 heros about to take on this mob of lvl 24's. I'm thinking, "are these guys insane?" A controller and a scrapper I think they were. Then I started to say, "Hey,.. lets watch these guys die". Well, I watched the scrapper get destroyed. I swear, I watched his health meter just drop. Then I could swear I saw the other guy run. So I go in, fire a couple of blasts. Then all of a sudden, one of them says, "Why are you guys KSing from us?" Then I think Adept said to leave them alone. So I stopped blasting. But then I turned and saw Diverrr going head to head with a freakshow, so I had to do something because lvl 24 freakshow vs lvl 19 Diverrr is prolly not going to work out well. So I blast the sucka. Then all of a sudden everyone is going, "STOP" with the caps lock key in full effect.

Anyway guys,.. I just want you to know that I don't make it a habit to KS. You all know how much I hate it when people do that to me. It was just the circumstances yesterday were a tad messed up.
    yup, i was watching too. waiting for these chumps to bite the dust, i mean c'mon! 2 lv20s going after a 24 mob?? i also saw that dude bite it too, cant understand how he was back tho? maybe resuscitate?

anyways, last night was good, hope to do it again...especially that speed fighting at the end hehe.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    yup, i was watching too. waiting for these chumps to bite the dust, i mean c'mon! 2 lv20s going after a 24 mob?? i also saw that dude bite it too, cant understand how he was back tho? maybe resuscitate?

anyways, last night was good, hope to do it again...especially that speed fighting at the end hehe.
    Cool! So I'm not going crazy then!! You say it too.

I was wondering how he came back too. I swear he was dead. I swear it! And I never heard or saw him get revved. Weird.
    Hello World

And sorry Adept. I wasn't able to get online tonight to help you out with Fracas as I mentioned earlier. Right after work I went over to a friends house for a b-day party. I swear, just when I start really getting into this game, my damn social life starts picking up steam. LOL.

Anyway,.. I'll be on a fair amount this weekend (I think). I will be happy to help out. Or if not this weekend, then next time we're both around. it's all good,.. no rush.
    Hello World

Btw,.. this goes back to earlier when we were talking about range vs melee with regards to blasters. And I definitely support the idea of blasters staying at range during fights,.. however,.. there are some blasters that can do melee quite well too. Once I get my accuracy built up for melee attacks (in addition to short range blasts like energy torrent and power burst),.. I'll be solid on both sides.

Here's a look inside Raining Blood's power sets.
    Last edited by WebHead; September 10th, 2004 at 01:38 AM.
    Hello World

That's OK, Wrrby.

Had a bit of fun with my bro and then hooked up with Fatespinner (Sliverfang's other toon) in Founder's Falls for a demonstration of how a controller soloes at level 39.

Whoa.

And I helped out a bit too - got tired of just spectating.

Paid off all the debt I had accumulated with my dying three times and even got 2 bars up before he had to leave for work.

That means 1500 points in about 15 minutes of game time.

We'll hook up later - no problem.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

i was looking into making energy torrent extremely powerful for the Major, so i can use it in hehem "crowd control" lol. enough to do mobs as a blaster, without those wusses running away. power burst will deal a whole bunch of damage, just have to work on the range now
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Cool. I just can't wait to get Nova. Then I can go bowling for 5th columns. Hehe.

Oh yeah,.. Founders Falls! Thats the place where I did all my speed lvling with lvl 30+ friend. Thats a fun place to fight.
    Hello World

Nice place to visit - the environment is very well rendered.

If it wasn't for Creys at every corner, it might even be a nice place to live.

Say Wrrby, no SOs in your enhancements?

And get that red generic damage fused with your 24 sitting in your inventory.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Nice place to visit - the environment is very well rendered.

If it wasn't for Creys at every corner, it might even be a nice place to live.

Say Wrrby, no SOs in your enhancements?

And get that red generic damage fused with your 24 sitting in your inventory.
    Hehe,.. will do cap'n!!

But yeah,.. I do have one SO in there somewhere. It's the Sniper Blast accuracy lvl 28. I actually got another one the other night, but it was for like Natural or something so I sold it.
    Last edited by WebHead; September 10th, 2004 at 10:18 AM.
    Hello World

Oh wait a second,.. are you talking about the one for my "brawl" power? Heh,.. I don't even care about that power. I never use it so I don't bother wasting influence on it usually.
    Hello World

Cool. I just can't wait to get Nova. Then I can go bowling for 5th columns. Hehe.

Oh yeah,.. Founders Falls! Thats the place where I did all my speed lvling with lvl 30+ friend. Thats a fun place to fight.
    Hum, Wrrby?

Nova will be available only at level 32 for you - 9th Primary power selection...

BTW, I should be on tomorrow sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Hum, Wrrby?

Nova will be available only at level 32 for you - 9th Primary power selection...

BTW, I should be on tomorrow sometime.
    32? Did you just say 32? Hang on a second,.... 32? Damnit! That really sucks. It's gonna take 14 years of solid game playing to get to that level.
    Hello World

I got a new character im working on.

A Magic Tanker, or maybe hes a scrapper, called The Missionary Man.

hes curently LVL4 and so far, for what lvl he is, he rocks!!!
    W

Quote Originally Posted by Diver01
    I got a new character im working on.

A Magic Tanker, or maybe hes a scrapper, called The Missionary Man.

hes curently LVL4 and so far, for what lvl he is, he rocks!!!
    Kill Kill Kill!!!
    Hello World

- Blasters fighting from range is key,.. but in my case, half my powers are melee attacks. I'm kinda crossed between blaster/scrapper. I did it that way on purpose to make soloing easier.
    I have the same issue with Dynamo. I'm getting rid of all of my melee attacks as soon as respec is in.

The way I found around it for now was to slot the crap out of my ranged attacks and use only them and pace myself while mowing down the enemy.