Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 64
Page 64 of 176 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I am sad that I will die when I play tonight. It's not like the fun action dolls game it was a week ago.

As long as you keep that positive mental attitude, you will not be disappointed tonight when you find yourself slammed face down against the ground!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

The fight continues...

1) There's a infrequent (4 times today across all servers) server crash that Cryptic has tracked down to an OS issue. We're in a conference call with Microsoft right now working out a fix...and hopefully this will happen soon and few if any of y'all will notice. This is causing a lot of hairloss at Cryptic right now because we take server crashes personally, but few of y'all should actually be affected (knock on wood). *edit* Update: current plan is a rollback should not be needed. Probable fixes on internal test. More as we know it.

2) Cryptic also tracked down a powers bug that was giving Rikti up to double damage, causing some of the curses against them from fallen Heroes. Fix up ASAP. Our bad, not Microsoft's.

3) Yes, the Terra Volta Trial is currently harder than intended - in large part due to the Rikti bug. Fixing that and another tweak or two will make it easier, but DO realize that the intent is that that the TV trial will be freakin' hard - just not it's current freakin' nigh-impossible. After all, this is supposed to be a rare, character-life-changing event. In any case, it's under the watchful eyes of the balance gods, and feedback (continues to be) welcome, we're both listening and datamining.

4) The bad guys in the Hollows Trial were overachieving, and secretly snuck up to 2 levels higher than intended on occasion. They have received a stern talking to and promise not to do it after the next patch. *update*: The area near the entrance to the Hollows is toned down on the version in internal test.

5) Thanks much to the folks who helped out on Test Server to help catch the vast majority of stuff before things went live - we couldn't have done it without you.

Current plan is to have as much as possible fixed in a small update tomorrow - plans may change as intentions meet reality, but that's what the devs are trying for. *update*: Patch should be on test servers soon if all goes to plan.

Reporting because all the useful folks are in the conference call -

-jg

PS: The initial scouts testing the defenses of Paragon City are rumored to be expecting reinforcements now that a reconaissance report has been made back through the portals...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

you know what im thinkin' for tonight, might as well bring out the healer lol
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I'll see you tonight, but did you not mean 8AM for the TF?

Yes I did. Whoops. Oh and BTW:

Paragon City Attacked!
    Friday, September 17, 2004

Invasion!

From The Paragon Times…

"Heroes all over the city band together to fight off potential invasion force.
    The chaotic events that occurred last night in Paragon City have yet to be fully explained…"

For the full article visit the current issue of The Paragon Times.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    As long as you keep that positive mental attitude, you will not be disappointed tonight when you find yourself slammed face down against the ground!
    Right. I will die tonight. So will you. Good luck! Maybe the awakens be with you!
    Hello World

Count me in for TF btw. Or am I too high lvl? Just let me know. I'll be on tonight at 6pm pst.
    Hello World

Sigh:

Freedom UP
    Justice UP
    Pinnacle DOWN
    Virtue UNKNOWN
    Liberty UP
    Guardian UP
    Infinity UP
    Protector DOWN
    Victory UP
    Champion DOWN
    Triumph UP

Last Updated: 2004-09-17 23:46:01 EDT

And the servers go splat!
    W

Yes they did

Bah! That sucks. At least if the servers are going to go up and down, then they better be making some good fixes to this new patch. I expect no game interruptions tomorrow!
    Hello World

I expect my level 22 to still be there when I get back in.

I used to play a game called Jumpgate. Jumpgate was a great game until they started having issues like this. Jumpgate is still around, but not nearly the game it once was because of these kinds of problems.

I hope they get this figured out cause people will get sick of this real quick and go elsewhere.

It may not sound fair, but in the competitive gaming community, there is little to no room for errors like these.

Come on CoH, I know you got it in ya!...
    W

Must be a Windows "feature" that is giving them a hard time.

971M update occuring as I post this.

Went from .6 to .8