Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 93
Page 93 of 176 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I'm so glad we no longer have to guess about our second-rate status.

Just kidding with ya, meat.

I know we're not even close to second place in your order of priorities.

So how is the SO situation for Buzz tonight?

Complete restock, like Stalemate, or just a quick top off?

Don't forget to bring down the microphone sensitivity and/or lower your speaker sound tonight when you launch Game Voice.
    I've got about 250,000 influence and a bunch of 25 SOs, so if I can't fill them all I'll still be doing OK.

Fix it.
    Damnit! That's not the answer I was looking for. Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
    Hello World

Have you taken a look here?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

How do I configure my firewall, proxy, NAT or router to work with Game Voice 1.5?

The general steps for configuring your NAT/proxy/firewall or router to work with Game Voice are to
    1. If you are the chat host, or, if you are joining a peer-to-peer chat session with more than one other participant, forward UDP port 9110 (or the port address you chose to use) to the computer that's running Game Voice.
    What ports does Game Voice 1.5 use?

By default, Game Voice 1.5 client uses UDP port 9110. It is possible to change the default port on the Advanced tab of the Game Voice Settings dialog in the Game Voice 1.5 software. Unless you are hosting a peer-to-peer chat and you are unable to use the default UDP port, we recommend that you use the default port.

Note: A peer-to-peer session is a chat in which the Game Voice client acts as the host.

Forwarding
    If you are the host of the chat session, or, if you are joining a peer-to-peer chat session with more than one other participant, you may have to configure your firewall, proxy, or NAT to "forward" packets sent to the above listed ports to a specific IP address within your home network. If this is the case, the computer on which you wish will be hosting the Game Voice chat session should be the destination for the port forwarding.

For specific instructions on how to forward ports on your router hardware or software, contact the manufacturer/publisher of your NAT/proxy/firewall/router for specific instructions or consult their Web site or manual.

Hosting
    If you are the host of the chat session, make sure that you configure Game Voice to host from behind your NAT/proxy/firewall using the steps below. This will allow you to invite your contacts to chat sessions using MSN Messenger. If you don’t plan to use the Messenger invitation feature, you can skip this step.

Excerpt.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Don't forget to bring down the microphone sensitivity and/or lower your speaker sound tonight when you launch Game Voice.
    I might pick up a headset after work. What's a good one?

its not for stale to stop acting like a scrapper to reduce the death toll amongst blasters. its for blasters to stop acting like scrappers lol. theyre all soft n mushy inside
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Hey bro, if they can't think about their own welfare... I guess I'll have to.

J/K

I'm hesitating between the very mobile/perma-Unstoppable route or the semi stationary Unmovable Stance/Teleport build. Not to mention a combo of the above...

Meatwad, I like the Plantronics stuff, but the USB models require a bit more care with Game Voice.

Omw to IP.

Wow,.. cool! This game voice thing is great. I was dumbfounded by the high-techness of it. Sorry if I wasn't talking too much. There's a few reasons for it though. 1> I'm kinda shy when first talking to new people,.. but I'll get better soon. 2> The last few days I've been kinda tired from staying up late, getting up early, etc. 3> There's this crabby old lady in the apartment next door and if I'm too loud she starts slamming her windows shut. Plus,.. right here where I'm sitting, she can totally hear everything I'm saying which is awkward.

Anyway,.. It was a very cool experience. Meatwad,.. you gotta become a voice over for a cartoon or something. You could make some money doing that!

Ok then,.. until next time heroes!

Btw,.. I hope I didn't seem like I was ignoring you Inept. To keep track of fighting, talking and typing all together was just too much for my small brain to comprehend. I do appreciate all the heals and SS's though.
    Hello World

don't worry, even if i do feel left out a little, i do understand...you're not all gonna type everything you've said, that would be completely pointless.

btw, i was trying to figure if the endurance gain during speed boost actually is noticeable, or is it just so-so?

and. doesn't meatwad DO voice-over for a toon?
    and hopefully i can get that darned gamevoice to actually work for monday... heads up, we are gonna steamroll this respec!!
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    There's this crabby old lady in the apartment next door and if I'm too loud she starts slamming her windows shut. Plus,.. right here where I'm sitting, she can totally hear everything I'm saying which is awkward.
    i can see how someone hearing you shout "BEEF AND CHEESE", and "Wonder Twin powers activate" could kinda sound insane, especially if you're alone now try to imagine listening in on meatwad!!

I think its cool you guys doing the voice chat thing , kinda takes some of the
    un-known-ness out of the air don't it
    Had wondered before if you's could do that and thought about suggesting it to ya'll .
    Kinda makes me wish I had COH and could afford pay to play on line
    to ya's
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Pay to play was something I considered downright unethical until I actually tried it. Updating game content and server maintenance justifies it.

I think Cleetus still has his game for sale. You could try it for a couple of months and see for yourself.

We had 4 players in our chat session last night and it was great.

I just hope we can get all the crazyness out of us before Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    and. doesn't meatwad DO voice-over for a toon?
    Not professionally. I've thought about taking VO classes though. Just don't have the time or the money.

My son was watching a documentary on YTV the other day and was surprised to see one of the VO actors who did a whole bunch of TV shows like TransFormers, Samurai Jack, etc.

The guy loked like a pro wrestler too, it was just hilarious.

You could tell he was getting all the chicks though, so you might want to start investing in that career if it's calling to yuo.

My son was watching a documentary on YTV the other day and was surprised to see one of the VO actors who did a whole bunch of TV shows like TransFormers, Samurai Jack, etc.

The guy loked like a pro wrestler too, it was just hilarious.

You could tell he was getting all the chicks though, so you might want to start investing in that career if it's calling to yuo.
    You want to have some fun? Do a google search for Frank Welker or Billy West. You thought Mel Blanc was the man of a thousand voices?