Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 94
Page 94 of 176 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    btw, i was trying to figure if the endurance gain during speed boost actually is noticeable, or is it just so-so?

RUN, do not walk, to get Speed Boost. Your scrappers and everyone else with endurance problems will absolutely love you.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    RUN, do not walk, to get Speed Boost. Your scrappers and everyone else with endurance problems will absolutely love you.
    I was already partial to him, being my own flesh and blood and all, but the buffs really helped out Stalemate last night.

I figure about a 20% improvement compared to normal, but I was also trying to tank more and scrap less, that that may have been a factor also.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    it was taken way back when it oppened up, but it was only recently that some1 asked me if i had slotted it with end. recovery enhancements...hadn't realized i could. now its only 3 slotted with these enh. and i couldn't really tell if it was truly helping, figured id asked the recipients of this SB to c if it did. helps me to know if i keep slotting it 2
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

ILTU, inept and Diver01 - check your Private Messages please.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Is anyone on tonight? Tonight is the last night I can play before Monday.

I'm on from about 7PM.

Did you reply to my PM yet?

Ah. You did.

Vol. 173 No. 218
    Paragon City, Ri, October 21, 2004
    75 cents

Visitor contacts Paragon Times reporter directly

By Juliana Nehring
    Times Staff
    PARAGON CITY, Rhode Island, October 20, – I was sitting in my apartment in Skyway City yesterday, when something amazing occurred. A story found me. My attention was drawn outside by a voice.

“I must speak with you, Juliana Nehring.” The woman who spoke looked like any other costumed denizen of Paragon City – at first glance. As she continued, I quickly realized that she was not like anyone I had met before. “I am from a race of beings called the Kheldians. I have chosen you to relate our tale.”

The Interview Begins
    I invited the woman with the strangely glowing eyes to come inside and sit down. She introduced herself only as Moonfire. I quickly grabbed a pad of paper and began the strangest interview of my life. As many of you know, that’s saying something.

I began simply, by asking her where she was from. I wasn’t prepared for the puzzling answer: “Earth and…elsewhere.”

According to Moonfire, Kheldians are beings composed only of energy. When they came to Earth, they found they were able to merge with humans, which can benefit both parties. This is where the story takes a shadowy turn, however.

Light and Dark
    It seems that the Kheldian people have internal conflicts, just as we do. Moonfire is a member of a faction known as the Peacebringers. They are interested in friendly relations and positive merging with other races. Unfortunately, they are not the only Kheldians on Earth. There is another group, called the Nictus, who are not concerned with the needs of those they merge with.

“You must be wary of the Nictus, Juliana Nehring. They have made efforts in the past to forcibly merge with humans, taking complete control of their forms. No doubt they will attempt this again in the future.” Even as I type this, I know mere words cannot convey the gravity of her message.

Bright guardians
    Moonfire assured me that the Peacebringers on Earth will do everything in their power to protect us from the Nictus. She and her allies are here to make certain that the Nictus are not able to thrive.

“The threat the Nictus pose is insidious and must not be allowed to spread any farther. We will speak again, Juliana Nehring.” As Moonfire flew out my window into the evening sky, I was filled a mixture of hope and dread.

Watch the skies
    As we learned painfully from the Rikti Invasion, we are not alone. We cannot bury our heads and hope that we will remain safe. The silver lining to this grim warning is that we have more heroes than ever dedicated to protecting this city against whatever threats may come. I am inclined to trust Moonfire. But even if the Peacebringers are not all they claim to be, the residents of Paragon City may rest easy knowing that they will be watched over.

These new aliens appear to have nice jugs. Appropriate considering what day it is.

Har har.

I'll be on tonight.
    Hello World

Whoever gets on first tonight hosts the Game Voice session.

Cool. I'll be sure to join in late then. LOL.
    Hello World

BTW, here is the roster for TV Trial:

Aumakua
    Buzzerbeater
    Carbonado
    Carbonado's healer friend (confirmation pending)
    Diver (will be below 27, but at least 24 or above)
    Major Blaze
    Raining Blood
    Stalemate
    Last edited by a d e p t; October 22nd, 2004 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    BTW, here is the roster for TV Trial:

Aumakua
    Buzzerbeater
    Carbonado
    Carbonado's healer friend (confirmation pending)
    Diver (confirmation pending)
    Major Blaze
    Raining Blood
    Stalemate
    There's a toon named, "Carbonado's healer friend"?
    Hello World