MS-6330 ver: 2.1
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MS-6330 ver: 2.1

Hybrid View

MS-6330 ver: 2.1

I'm looking for a manual on a Microstar mobo. Its a MS-6330 ver: 2.1 board. I can't find anything on this bugger. It's a Gateway OEM and and I don't know which Gateway machine it comes out of. The part number on the board is MS-6630-BO and the ref. # is 4000807.
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Well, if you look on this page there are manuals for the MS-6330 Lite and MS-6330 LE3. Don't know if it is close enough for your purposes. There's also a manual for the 1.0B here.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Nope, I've already found those. The boards are a little different. I appreciate the effort, though.

Came across one of these last year, and couldnt find any info. Seem to remember having trouble getting it to recognize any extra IDE device .
    Gave up searching in the end, but did get it working.
    Its not the same as the standard MSI board as you suspect.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

If the gateway part number listed on the board is Part #: MS-6330-BO either v1 or v2, then my books show it as a MSI K7T Turbo oem. try here:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=100&kind=1
    Last edited by geoscomp; June 15th, 2004 at 05:04 PM.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was also having trouble finding info on this board. Then all of a sudden I stumbled onto it quite by accident. Computergeeks.com is having a sale on this mobo right now (which I believe was only manufactured for Gateway), and they have links to Gateway's support site for the product. It isn't a manual, but it had all the information I needed to get my board up and running. Hope this helps.

http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERB...514182tc.shtml

MS-6330 ver.2.1 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by tobevers
    I'm looking for a manual on a Microstar mobo. Its a MS-6330 ver: 2.1 board. I can't find anything on this bugger. It's a Gateway OEM and and I don't know which Gateway machine it comes out of. The part number on the board is MS-6630-BO and the ref. # is 4000807.
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Hi tobevers, If you go to http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/MSI/2514182, you will be able to download the entireor parts of the manual that you need. Good Luck, see ya.]

Quote Originally Posted by Minitaur
    Hi tobevers, If you go to http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/MSI/2514182, you will be able to download the entireor parts of the manual that you need. Good Luck, see ya.]
    Could you please email me on how you got front side connections wired. I tryed from gateway website but either I',m not smart enough or something to do. Would appreciate if you could send either simple instructions on what goes where or a drawing with each marked. As everyone else found out this is Gateway OEM and wires diff and Gateay won't help. Thank you, JohnP ([email protected]) or my posted email. Thanks again JohnP

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf52
    Could you please email me on how you got front side connections wired. I tryed from gateway website but either I',m not smart enough or something to do. Would appreciate if you could send either simple instructions on what goes where or a drawing with each marked. As everyone else found out this is Gateway OEM and wires diff and Gateay won't help. Thank you, JohnP ([email protected]) or my posted email. Thanks again JohnP
    see my previous question about how the monitor blinks at me.

Just a followup:
    I found a Ginormous case and crammed this MoBo in it.
    Running both an ATA 66 and ATA 100 card.
    The Primary HDD is a 3Gig Western, contains 2kPro and a self updating AntiVi.
    Thats all!
    8 HDDs are on the cards, Lots-O-Storage.
    Has run perfect for 9 Mos or so.
    Not to shabby for a $15.00 MoBo

Ron

Wow, thanks for letting us know, a well justified thread resurrection...

They were an OK motherboard - a bit prone to electrolytic capacitor faults, I've fixed a few with that problem.

this board can also have the front panel connetors moved and then you can find the right pins for what you are plugging in just remove the old ones and solder the holes shut then right aROUND THE CORNER OPEN THOSE HOLES AND INSERT PINS WHERE YOU NEED THEM

Question ms-6330 ver 2.1 (gateway) to flash with msi bios?

I'm new here and I'm not sure if I should ask my question in this thread or start a new one.

This gateway oem I've acquired, can it be successfully flashed with either AMI or AWARD bios from MSI's site? It has the gateway OAAVWP13 flash on it right now, but I'm not impressed with the very limited menu. I want more control over it, especially when it comes to settings or updating or simply installing vga, via and nvidia drivers. I think if I stick with gateways mobo flash, I won't be able to use any others, particularly msi's.
    I don't want to chance flashing with the msi flash bios until I've heard from someone who knows whether it will work or leave me with a mobo that can't be restored. So, has anyone done this with their kt133 chipset (K7T pro)?

Particulars of my oem from Gateway support site:

Jabil Ahlon Motherboard - 950MHz
    ms-6330 ver 2.1 (oxnard)

Specifications:

BIOS AMI BIOS
    RAM Capacity Three 168-pin DIMM sockets
    Support for 32 megabytes (MB) to 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of 133-MHz ECC or non-ECC unbuffered SDRAM using 256-megabit technology
    Support for SPD and non-SPD DIMMs
    AGP Slot Meets AGP 1x, 2x, and 4x specifications
    Processor and Host Bus Speed AMD Athlon processor in a 462-pin ZIF Socket A
    133-MHz host bus speed

Chipset VIA KT133 chipset consisting of:

AMD VT82C686A South Bridge (peripheral controller hub)
    AMD VT8363 North Bridge (host controller hub)
    USB Ports 1.0 specification compatible
    On-Board IDE SMSC LPC47M102 LPC interface super I/O controller
    UATA 33/66
    Slots Five 32-bit bus master PCI v2.2 slots
    Supports 3.3-V to 5-V bus interface
    Remote Control Meets ACPI specifications
    Power switch connector on-board
    Soft power off
    Environmental Operating: 0 to 55° C (32 to 133° F)
    Non-operating: –40 to +70° C (–40 to +158° F)

Note: An ambient temperature that exceeds the board's maximum operating temperature by 5 to 10° C may cause components to exceed their maximum case temperature.
    Reliability MTBF is 293,919 hours, at 55° C (133° F)

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I posted this twice. My posting was not present right after I wrote it.

Hello.

Helpfull thread. I just received my order from a pricewatch company: brand-new 6330 Rev 2.1 MSI M7T 133...blah blah.

I've just had one problem: can't get into the BIOS settings. Is this even available to do?

I realize I can't OC with this dern board (SUX) but I'm just hoping to take a peek. I've tried holding down DEL and CONT-ALT-DEL at boot-up , but it just goes directly to my HD/CDROM.

Thanks for any help.
    Greazy