MS-6330 ver: 2.1 - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MS-6330 ver: 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jronald
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid
    Lets unplug the thing AND yank the battery just for the sake of argument.

Ron

You'll probably find a jumper next to the battery labeled "J1 or JP1, JP5" switch that (although the reset flash / password is a good option too).

And yes, you will need to remove all sources of power from the board.

Good Luck.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Hi everyone !

Let me first start off by saying what a great forum this is. You all rock.
    I just received this mobo today to replace the k7t pro that went bad. I got it installed and low and behold....no video. I tried a different monitor....nothing....i tried a pci vid card....nothing. So, after looking through this thread, i tried to see what would happen when i disconnected everything, including the ram....and still NOTHING. No beeps....just a whole lotta nothing.

So, unless you have some steller ideas to try, i think i'm gonna call the company from where i ordered it, and see if i can send it back.

Sure wish i would have discovered this site before i bought the dang thing !

Anyways, thanks for any ideas in advance!

I have only found the 1 jumper, right beside the fan connector a few inches/centimeters from the button cell battery. Tried all 3 positions (1-2,2-3 and no jumper) makes no difference. It posts and then goes to the bios string page (no 2 color bios setup page) and hangs. Looks like I may have toasted it. Any ideas?
    Could I be missing "solder points"

Ron

I have only found the 1 jumper, right beside the fan connector a few inches/centimeters from the button cell battery. Tried all 3 positions (1-2,2-3 and no jumper) makes no difference. It posts and then goes to the bios string page (no 2 color bios setup page) and hangs. Looks like I may have toasted it. Any ideas?
    Could I be missing "solder points"

Ron
    Not so much toasted it, maybe you unticked "flash boot block" also? Or it isn't 100% compatible.

Garak,
    Your recommendations please. I have exhausted my knowledge.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    I just received this mobo today to replace the k7t pro that went bad. I got it installed and low and behold....no video. I tried a different monitor....nothing....i tried a pci vid card....nothing. So, after looking through this thread, i tried to see what would happen when i disconnected everything, including the ram....and still NOTHING. No beeps....just a whole lotta nothing.

So, unless you have some steller ideas to try, i think i'm gonna call the company from where i ordered it, and see if i can send it back.
    Welcome to Windrivers Forums, joek!
    If you're sure what your CPU is O'K, I would say MB is bad...
    Make sure you have good PSU - bad PSU could kill a new motherboard as well as an old one. What was wrong with an old MB, by the way? Don't get fooled by spinning fans or lights - that fact itself doesn't mean PSU is O'K... Make sure PSU is able to provide stable +5V for standby - otherwise MB will not start...

Thanks Ruslan.

Well, the person that gave me the 400watt PS said it was good. I personally didnt check it ( he told me that it was out of a brand new computer, and the only reason why it was changed out was because the guy who removed it said the fan was to noisy). But I will check it anyways, thanks.

As far as the old mobo, well, 2 of the capasitors (at least I think thats what they are called...looks like a cylindrical thing sticking up from the mobo), went bad....the tops of them looked like they leaked ( a brown crust fromed on the top of them). The computer wouldnt even boot up with the old mobo, thats why i got the new PSU thinking it was that before i noticed the capasitors.

Anywho, i'll check that tonight when i get home from work. I'll post after i check, i'm sure i'll have more questions later...hehe

Thanks for all your time and effort everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    As far as the old mobo, well, 2 of the capasitors (at least I think thats what they are called...looks like a cylindrical thing sticking up from the mobo), went bad....the tops of them looked like they leaked ( a brown crust fromed on the top of them). The computer wouldnt even boot up with the old mobo, thats why i got the new PSU thinking it was that before i noticed the capasitors.
    Try to replace those two capacitors - if you're lucky and nothing else is blown, there are some good chances your an old MB will work again...

Good luck!

Well, I tested the PS, and have power on pin 9, 5.09V steady on it, and pin 14 that has 4.13V on that. All the rest dont have power. I'm getting into an area where I don't go very often, so I'm a little skidish about coming to a conclusion on this. Any thoughts? Is the PSU bad?

Thanks guys (and gals that might be out there ) !

Garak,
    Your recommendations please. I have exhausted my knowledge.

Ron
    Take a look at Ruslan's BIOS recovery tips - if your PC will boot from the floppy, it may be worth looking at flashing the BIOS back to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpathicCelt
    Yes please, could someone translate the information on the gateway website and tell me or walk me through how to orient my connectors for the power switch, reset swith, hdd, etc.. I read it but without a graphical representation of how they are placed, I'm afraid I'm a bit lost.

Thanks!
    Eileen (empathiccelt@yahoo)

(re: http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERB...51017422.shtml)

hey guys, im new to this forum, and just bought this motherboard (ms6330 v2.1) and cant get it to work at all, i think i have all the connectors connected, except the usb(dont need it yet) the p_fan1(dont need it yet) s_fan1(dont think i need it) and most of the case connectors arent connected, Cause im havin a time getting that figured out, but from this thread i think i got the power switch figured out, but the board doesnt turn on, the cpu fan jumps a little, and then the powersupply light flashes, then nothin else, it is installed in the case, with no ram, but all pci, and graphics cards in, should i take all the cards out and try it?, any help would be appreciated, this is the first computer i have built, so i might be missing something big, please help.

well thanks for all of your help guys - haha- not, but any way i got it going, turns out my power supply died on me, got a new one, works like a champ now.

Im having the same problem as joek --- yet i bought the mobo upgrading a older 450mhz (atx) to a newer 800mhz duron comp.

Once the mobos were swaped and power turned on video and all showed i went into Bios, i had 2 ram chips in (1x 128 in dimm 2 and 1x 256 in dimm 1). it didnt see the larger chip so i powered down the system and went to fix that problem.

well now no matter how i configure the ram the motherboard wont respond. No ram causes beeps over and over. the K/B leds never blink. ive tried over 10 ram chips most of which came out of working computers. Now i would believe it being a dead mobo or proc. but it WORKED ... i even saw windows loading before i decided to "fix" the ram issue.

If you guys have any ideas that would help. Thx

Welcome to Windrivers Forums,Envison!

Did you try another (known good) power supply?

Yes i tried the 500watter running my current rig. (thx for the welcome btw)

Im really stumped by the motherboard. I have since tried the Proc. On another computer and it booted and went into windows just fine. I have also tried a 1.2 ghz athlon (max the mobo supports) Had the same issue with not doing anything.