MS-6330 ver: 2.1 - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: MS-6330 ver: 2.1

hi guys after wandering the net looking for answers ive ended up here. i was given an old gateway select 1100 thats about 3-4 years old. it has the ms-6330 ver2.1 motherboard. the computer has all the original hardware and was running winme but it had so many problems i decided to reformat the hd and install winxp. now everything is running great i have had no problems with winxp except for one thing. when i boot up the computer i get a "Reboot Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" message and it gets stuck there. if i press alt+ctrl+del it will continue to boot up normally and all is fine. i looked into this problem and gateway tells me to update the bios in order to fix this problem (http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/151305110.shtml). so i downloaded the file and followed all their instructions step by step in order to update the bios only problem now is it doesnt seem to work. tells me to leave the diskette in the drive and restart the computer to get the update going but when i restart the computer i just get a "non-system disk or disk error" message. ive gone through numerous brand new disks to try and get it to work. no luck. so ive gone through the msi website to try and find a bios update there but i cant seem to locate it. im using the computer right now and everything runs fine.. i just hate to have to alt+ctrl+del that first message everytime i turn on the computer. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I think you're skiping a step. 1st creat a folder on you HD someware on your desktop or within your "My Document Folders" then download the file to that folder. then unzip the file to that same folder, it should be a file name 7511677.exe or what ever it name. Then save all the files to a floppy disk and restart the computer with it in the drive and that should be it. You can look on the disk you have and I guess you dont have any .exe file within it that why it states in not a boot disk.

thanks for the help but first the file automatically extracts the files to a folder called Cabs in the c: drive. Second there is a .exe file included with the files that are in the zip. finally i cant save the 7511677.exe with the rest of the files because there isnt enough room in the floppy. ive tried numerous things but nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboymarc
    I think you're skiping a step. 1st creat a folder on you HD someware on your desktop or within your "My Document Folders" then download the file to that folder. then unzip the file to that same folder, it should be a file name 7511677.exe or what ever it name. Then save all the files to a floppy disk and restart the computer with it in the drive and that should be it. You can look on the disk you have and I guess you dont have any .exe file within it that why it states in not a boot disk.

Quote Originally Posted by Minitaur
    Hi tobevers, If you go to http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/MSI/2514182, you will be able to download the entireor parts of the manual that you need. Good Luck, see ya.]
    Could you please email me on how you got front side connections wired. I tryed from gateway website but either I',m not smart enough or something to do. Would appreciate if you could send either simple instructions on what goes where or a drawing with each marked. As everyone else found out this is Gateway OEM and wires diff and Gateay won't help. Thank you, JohnP ([email protected]) or my posted email. Thanks again JohnP

Quote Originally Posted by fozzie
    hi guys after wandering the net looking for answers ive ended up here. i was given an old gateway select 1100 thats about 3-4 years old. it has the ms-6330 ver2.1 motherboard. the computer has all the original hardware and was running winme but it had so many problems i decided to reformat the hd and install winxp. now everything is running great i have had no problems with winxp except for one thing. when i boot up the computer i get a "Reboot Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" message and it gets stuck there. if i press alt+ctrl+del it will continue to boot up normally and all is fine. i looked into this problem and gateway tells me to update the bios in order to fix this problem (http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/151305110.shtml). so i downloaded the file and followed all their instructions step by step in order to update the bios only problem now is it doesnt seem to work. tells me to leave the diskette in the drive and restart the computer to get the update going but when i restart the computer i just get a "non-system disk or disk error" message. ive gone through numerous brand new disks to try and get it to work. no luck. so ive gone through the msi website to try and find a bios update there but i cant seem to locate it. im using the computer right now and everything runs fine.. i just hate to have to alt+ctrl+del that first message everytime i turn on the computer. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    im having the same problem, i have a gateway select 1300 i tryied the bios update from gateway and can't seem to read the floopy,(non system disk or disk error. i followed the instructions to the t, been having this problem for a week now.
    Last edited by teddy1; December 12th, 2004 at 04:43 PM.

On the LED issue:
    Tryed wiring two outputs for the power on LED and have had no more problems with them burning out. HAS to be an abnornally high voltage. An extra resistor would work also.

Ron

Hey everyone, need some help with a really weird problem. I'm working on a Gateway for a friend, it wouldn't boot. I replaced the power supply and now I get very strange noises when booting the machine. It sounds almost like a bearing in a fan going out, but the noise is coming from the little piezo speaker down at the bottom by the PCI slots. It also seems to be erratic, sometimes the noise disappears completely, during one of those times the machine rebooted and I actually got in the BIOS, but while poking around in there the noise started again and the monitor went black. The noise is absent if I remove the processor, but obviously the board won't boot without a processor. I've removed all PCI, IDE, and AGP devices, pulled the board out in case it was grounding against the case, still the same problem.

Is the board dead? I assume so, I guess it's off to Ebay to find another.

Smile NEW APRIL 2005 no trouble here. MS-6330 VER:2.1

This is a MSI mobo called an Athlon Keystone or Oxnard. Gateway model: Select 1000. If you have original tower use serial # first at Gateway Support Site. http://support.gateway.com total address is the same plus /s/MOTHERBD/MSI/2511806nv.shtml. This is for the MSI KT133. Part # is 2511806. Use this if you cannot find original info for case or white tag on mobo. Everything you ever will need for these mobos and more, good luck and e me if you need any help. PRIMARY COMPUTER REPAIR

Just an update.
    I have been running this board now for over 6 months Win2k with no problems. This is my first with this OS, learning curve was a bit steep. I used a KVM between this one and a Win98SE box.Runs FireFox flawlessly, frankley has done everything I have asked. Have retired the 98 box for things. This is still the most knowledgable thread out there on this board.

Ron

ms 6330 ver,2.1

i have a select 1000 same problem gateway shows a Jabil Athlon (oxnard) motherboard p/n 2512212 board shows ms 6330 rev, 2.1 it has a p/n 4000664 and barcode P05c032511045434 had prolbem with me xp was great untill up bios oaavwp13 bios 7511677 this is my
    Specifications

Specifications
    BIOS AMI BIOS
    RAM Capacity Three 168-pin DIMM sockets
    Support for 32 megabytes (MB) to 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of 133-MHz ECC or non-ECC unbuffered SDRAM using 256-megabit technology
    Support for SPD and non-SPD DIMMs

AGP Slot Meets AGP 1x, 2x, and 4x specifications
    Processor and Host Bus Speed AMD Athlon processor in a 462-pin ZIF Socket A
    133-MHz host bus speed
    Chipset VIA KT133 chipset consisting of:

AMD VT82C686A South Bridge (peripheral controller hub)
    AMD VT8363 North Bridge (host controller hub)

USB Ports 1.0 specification compatible
    On-Board IDE SMSC LPC47M102 LPC interface super I/O controller
    UATA 33/66
    Slots Five 32-bit bus master PCI v2.2 slots
    Supports 3.3-V to 5-V bus interface
    Remote Control Meets ACPI specifications
    Power switch connector on-board
    Soft power off

Environmental Operating: 0 to 55° C (32 to 133° F)
    Non-operating: –40 to +70° C (–40 to +158° F)
    Note: An ambient temperature that exceeds the board's maximum operating temperature by 5 to 10° C may cause components to exceed their maximum case temperature.

Reliability MTBF is 293,919 hours, at 55° C (133° F)

i have replace powersupply 400wat 2 fan L1 L2
    is wrong i thang help thanks gateway not much

Im confused, what is it doing?

Ron

I cant d/l the file 7511677.exe from gateway at the library (where i have my ONLY internet connection). Could someone, anyone email it to me at [email protected]...
    thanks.

motherboard wont boot

ok. got it to stop beeping by putting in 3 ramchips (all 128 meg). have only a video card in besides that. I turn it on it stars up then quits again. is there something else im missing? I have a amd1200 cpu in it, its running 3x128mb pc100 sdram. i have in it an ATI allinwonder vidio agp card, and does the case speaker go on the 10&16 pins? although the monitor does sort of 'blink' when i power it up, there is no picture otherwise and every time it shuts off after a boot attempt i cant get it to power up again unless i change something in the way the pins are set up.

pin configuration 1&3 hddled
    5&7 reset switch
    6&8 power
    9&13 pwr led
    15 . . . . . . . . 1
    16 . - . . . . . . 2
    Thank you for the help.
    (the - signifies no pin here)
    Last edited by arylos; April 4th, 2006 at 04:43 PM. Reason: forgot to put some info in.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzie
    finally i cant save the 7511677.exe with the rest of the files because there isnt enough room in the floppy. ive tried numerous things but nothing works.
    you could set it up to boot off the cd first and put all those files (including the system and command files) onto the cd. then boot off the cd.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf52
    Could you please email me on how you got front side connections wired. I tryed from gateway website but either I',m not smart enough or something to do. Would appreciate if you could send either simple instructions on what goes where or a drawing with each marked. As everyone else found out this is Gateway OEM and wires diff and Gateay won't help. Thank you, JohnP ([email protected]) or my posted email. Thanks again JohnP
    see my previous question about how the monitor blinks at me.